PDA

View Full Version : Blood Angels by Emerald

Emeraldw
27-09-2010, 20:52
Alright, so instead of waiting for Grey Knights I decided to jump into Blood Angels. I usually find upkeeping a painting log keeps me motivated so here is my Blood Angel log.

First my Death Company Dreadnought WIP

Emeraldw
27-09-2010, 20:52
Now my WIP Chaplain. I will show my Death company when I get some more paint on them.

Siph
27-09-2010, 21:02
Nice looking progress so far - the red looks a bit flat and mecherite red/pink at the mo. Are you going to use blood red and maybe blazing orange with Baal Red wash etc. What will be your red receipe?

Emeraldw
27-09-2010, 21:07
Nice looking progress so far - the red looks a bit flat and mecherite red/pink at the mo. Are you going to use blood red and maybe blazing orange with Baal Red wash etc. What will be your red receipe?

The red recipe plan is to use Mecharite then Red Gore. Then Wash Baal Red, then dry brush Blood red.

Emeraldw
30-09-2010, 16:57
Ok, I lied on the red. I did Mecharite, Red Gore, then Blood red and highlighted Blazing Orange. Here is my Sternguard Sargent.

Gorak
02-12-2010, 15:41
tab orange for ym tastes but looks good, you should try scab red, red gore than blood red highlight and wash with baal red, much deeper red and it's more red.

Emeraldw
09-12-2010, 23:41
tab orange for ym tastes but looks good, you should try scab red, red gore than blood red highlight and wash with baal red, much deeper red and it's more red.

Part of it is the lighting, but I have another model I did which looks much better. I will get better light tomorrow and try to put it up.

Emeraldw
14-12-2010, 15:37
Here is the better painted one I think and the better photographed Sternguard.

The red was done differently this time. Instead of all those layers, I just spray painted it Red and gave it like 3 coats of thinned blood red. Used the GW Baal Red ink on it. Then Highlighted orange and used a thinned brown ink on it. Plus I did more highlighting than before.

Emeraldw
14-12-2010, 15:40
Assualt Marine. The Helmet's Yellow did not sit right. I am going to use the citadel yellow as a base coat next time and just try to slowly layer the golden yellow on. I used Bad moon yellow as a highlight. The rest is just like the above sternguard.

Emeraldw
14-12-2010, 15:42
Sanguinary Guard.

I had huge doubts about the gold on this model before I started. I feared it would just end up gaudy. After putting on a bunch of gold layers it turned out well I think. He is a WIP but you can see what I am going for. The wings turned out better than I thought they would at this stage. Just fortress grey atm, white is the next step.