PDA

View Full Version : devestating Charge ?

shooty06
28-09-2010, 02:14
Which units have this rule? i cannot find any referance to it. please provide page number ect.

stripsteak
28-09-2010, 02:18
none might it could be like sea creature or heroic killing blow. it'll be listed with the unit, or might be in their respective army book faq. Some new special rules were added in 8th in, i guess, preparation for future units.

Synnister
28-09-2010, 02:29
there's a potion that gives the character devastating charge. Other than that I don't know any unit that has it.

sulla
28-09-2010, 04:01
none might it could be like sea creature or heroic killing blow. it'll be listed with the unit, or might be in their respective army book faq. Some new special rules were added in 8th in, i guess, preparation for future units.Perhaps a unit of sea creatures with devestating charge and heroic killing blow? ;)

SilasOfTheLambs
28-09-2010, 05:34
Perhaps a unit of sea creatures with devestating charge and heroic killing blow? ;)

My empire guys are running and hiding.

Shield of Freedom
28-09-2010, 07:32
As of right now, none.

I'm more than confident that it was placed in there to be ready for intended rules for later army books.

Devastating Charge might be something in the new Bretonnia book...

Heroic Killing Blow might be on more magic items later...

Sea Creature might be in preparation for a new race or a rewrite of the Lizardmen Army book...

Who knows really?

As an aside, the only thing I know of that can get Heroic Killing Blow is a Bretonnian character that is willing to spend 40 points of his magic item allotment. The Virtue of Heroism was FAQed to be simply Heroic Killing Blow. Something I've taken to great effect against my lamenting opponents so far this edition. My Lord is loving it.

So far he's claimed:
A Black Coach
A Hellpit Abomination
A Great Unclean One
Two Chaos Warrior Battle Standard Bearers
A Black Orc Warboss
Two Hellcannons
A Stegadon
A White Lion Chariot
A Jabberslyth
...and a score of "lesser" troops

I've been EXTREMELY lucky to get at least ONE 6 everytime I wanted something dead. Some times a ward save rescues the poor soul though. I almost had a Warshrine added to this list, but he made his 4+ ward save... darn.

Gropius
28-09-2010, 09:36
---ignore me, I can't read

NixonAsADaemonPrince
28-09-2010, 09:43
Skulltaker also gets heroic killing blow. You can also get it off of a sphinx if you are lucky.

theunwantedbeing
28-09-2010, 10:22
Skulltaker also gets heroic killing blow.

Er, no he doesnt...unless they've updated the FAQ's.
His rule is similar though, but it isnt heroic killing blow.

NixonAsADaemonPrince
28-09-2010, 11:56
Ah sorry, I've just seen a few people going around saying he gets it, they must just have meant that he gets a very similar rule.

Mid'ean
28-09-2010, 13:20
Yep. Pretty much. Any creature...Any size....But his kills on a 5-6 in a challenge.......:evilgrin: 2 Questions for SoF. Is virtue of heroism a power, item or a weapon that you purchase? And the ability ASF. It that an item or weapon also? Just curious as my Bl ork BB lost his head to that set up....Missed my WS.....

Aergren
28-09-2010, 14:28
The Virtue of Heroism, is a virtue, that is how they define it in the book. I would think it is along the lines of a chaos gift, or a orge name.

mistrmoon
29-09-2010, 22:20
Skulltaker also gets heroic killing blow. You can also get it off of a sphinx if you are lucky.

Umm SPHINX you say? do go on.....

Tarian
29-09-2010, 22:35
Yes, the magical "Take an I test or I eat part of your soul" sphinx in the terrain types.

mistrmoon
30-09-2010, 03:34
Yes, the magical "Take an I test or I eat part of your soul" sphinx in the terrain types.

Bah thats right i thought this was some kind of exciting tidbit from the new tombkings book.