PDA

View Full Version : WoC Mono Marked armies. Can they work?

greensentinel7
28-09-2010, 03:43
As a former 40k Chaos Marine player, I am used to the idea of mono marked or heavily themed Chaos loadouts. So I would like to run something similar with my Warriors of Chaos in fantasy. Now, I have read the thread on the viability of a Mono Nurgle army, and from what I have gleaned from the boards mono Tzeentch appears strongly viable. What about Khorne or Slaanesh? Can they be somewhat competitive?

Orangecoke
28-09-2010, 03:51
I'd love to hear thoughts on this too - I actually have a mono Khorne army, and am worried about enemy magic (only ran it once, so not much experience with it yet).

Knifeparty
28-09-2010, 03:59
No, they aren't really competitive outside of friendly games. Khorne, or Tzeentch might work, but they will still be more competitive if you mix the two.

Just take all the marks you want, paint them one colour and pretend that it's different blessings from the same god, just make sure you tell your opponents whats what.

Thats what I did with my "all slaanesh" themed army.

scarvet
28-09-2010, 04:51
I disagree, unless Mono God also means excluding unmarked units.

Since 8th promote larger regiment sizes, than means there is less place to put mark on. Mono God maybe 2nd tier, but hell, WoC haven't been on 1st tier for a while:D

TheKingInYellow
28-09-2010, 05:03
I think Slaanesh is the weakest option, Nurgle and Tzeentch are decently defensive, and Khorne hits hard. All are viable in friendly games, and Tzeentch or Khorne *might* be tournament competitive. Non will be as competitive as mixed-mark armies though.

Tae
28-09-2010, 17:11
They definately work. Running my WoC as mono-Tzeentch worked well in 7th and would do so in 8th as well. However I've actually moved over to Slaanesh instead, so am now running 2 x 18 warriors units with MoS, Halberds, Shields alongside a BSB with Crown of Command, Level 1 with Third Eye of Tzeentch and Prince Sigvald. Ends up with 2 units of ItP, Ld10 stubborn units with re-rolls. So they don't go anywhere unless you kill them.

Add a few extra bits to taste (I have a Hellcannon, Marauder Horseman and Knights) and you've got a viable army.

theorox
28-09-2010, 17:29
Sure they work. Everything works in warhammer. :D

My army will be Tzeentch with Khorne marauders to start with, then add khorne knights, and maybe Tzeentch marauders, then some khorne warriors... :)

May add some nurgle a Slaanesh too some time. Especially Nurgle is appealing with the new WF Kits!

Theo

GenerationTerrorist
29-09-2010, 03:01
Mono-Tzeentch is damn excellent in 8th Edition. Let nobody tell you any different!

Warwizard91
29-09-2010, 22:35
Yeah Tzeentch is the only one I see pulling off the Mono build, all the others have weaknesses that inhibit the possibility.