PDA

View Full Version : 2000pt Tzeentch based WoC

Time of Madness
28-09-2010, 04:08
Throwing together a Tzeentch Based WoC list here - seems pretty effective.

CHARACTERS

Sorcerer Lord of Tzeentch (General)
- Level 4
- Sword of Might
- Infernal Puppet
- Talisman of Protection (gives me a nice 3+ ward)
= 390 pts

Exalted Champion of Tzeentch (BSB)
- Shield
- Sword of Battle
- Talisman of Endurance (gives him a 4+ ward)
= 200pts

CORE

24 Chaos Warriors of Tzeentch
***Sorcerer Lord here***
- Full Command
- Halberds and Shields
- Banner of Wrath
= 503pts

5 Hounds
= 30pts

5 Hounds
= 30pts

SPECIAL

17 Chosen of Tzeentch
***BSB Here***
- Full Command
- Halberds and Shields
- Favour of the Gods
- Blasted Standard
= 450pts

Chaos Chariot
= 120pts

Chaos Chariot
= 120pts

RARE

Warshrine of Tzeentch
= 150pts

Total Points = 1998pts

2 very tough combat units supported by magic/chariots/warshrine.

I plan on using the warshrine to buff the chosen.

The sorcerer lord is a solid build, gives him good defense and he has some pop in the magic phase as well as combat.

I've taken the banner of wrath to help get me up to the 25% mark. It also gives me another toy in the magic phase.

Anyone think it is a solid list?
Time of Madness

Eta
28-09-2010, 08:45
I'd try to squeeze in the Ironcurse Icon. Put it on your sorcerer lord and your warriors get a handy 5+ ward save against warmachines.

Greetings
Eta

thesheriff
28-09-2010, 09:09
No discs. I would put a lv1 with rod of torment, stream of corruption. Lots of shots, and very tzeentchy

Thesheriff

oCoYoRoAoKo
28-09-2010, 09:17
Hmm i am not sure that you need halberds on your warriors. i have seen Warriors of Tzeentch with HW/S used to great effect (unless i was being lied to that they get +1 to their parry ward).

Tae
28-09-2010, 16:36
What formation are you planning on running the warriors in? As 25 seems an odd number. Unless you're running them 5 wide, which is a complete waste with warriors.

Time of Madness
28-09-2010, 17:21
Thanks for all the comments.

I'd try to squeeze in the Ironcurse Icon. Put it on your sorcerer lord and your warriors get a handy 5+ ward save against warmachines.

I actually looked at doing this, but my characters had no magic points left :( I thought about dropping infernal puppet for the blood of tzeentch and then taking the iconcurse. However I think the puppet isa good option to keep.

What formation are you planning on running the warriors in? As 25 seems an odd number. Unless you're running them 5 wide, which is a complete waste with warriors.

The warriors will be in a 6X4 formation and the chosen will be in a 6X3 formation.

Hmm i am not sure that you need halberds on your warriors. i have seen Warriors of Tzeentch with HW/S used to great effect (unless i was being lied to that they get +1 to their parry ward).

Interesting idea as they'd end up with a 3+ save in combat followed up by a 5+ ward save. I'd lose a bit of hitting power, but S4 is still pretty decent. I like the halberds because of the high Initiative warriors have. They will most likely be striking first and killing many many models. I think the offensive set up might be a bit better.

Time of Madness

Tae
28-09-2010, 20:48
6 x 4 (+1) seems a bit of a waste for your Warriors as no one is likely to cut through that many Warriors but rather simply makes a rather nice target for war machines.

Personally I would run them 6 x 3 instead and spend the excess core points on Marauder Horseman to go warmachine hunting - as that seems to be the main vulnrability with this list - as it's pretty similar to mine and I know that's what mine suffers against!

Time of Madness
28-09-2010, 22:12
The idea is for nobody to cut through them.....You are thinking too much like 7th edition. In 8th edition there is no victory points for killing half the unit. Meaning opposing armies are going to have to cut through 24 warriors. The current trend is deathstar style units and that's what I'd classify the 24 warriors as.

I'm always going to run up against war machines, many of the template weapons (ie stone throwers) are S3 and have a pretty tough time wounding T4 3+ save followed by a 6+ ward save warriors.

I'd rather the war machines focus on my warriors rather then the chariots/shrine.
Time of Madness