PDA

View Full Version : 2000 WoC Nurgle Dual Hellcannons

minionboy
28-09-2010, 21:47
So i'm trying out a new style with my WoC, now going for an army with a ton of combat potential and decent shooting... gasp! The list I'm going to try looks like this:

Daemon Prince: Mark of Nurgle, Bloodcurdling Roar, Word of Agony, Fury of the Blood God: 410

Festus the Leechlord: goes with warriors: 185

23 Warriors: Halberds, Shields, Full Command, Mark of Nurgle: 451
40 Marauders: Great Weapons, Standard Bearer: 208

6 Chaos Knights: Standard Bearer, Musician Mark of Nurgle, Banner of Rage: 335

1 Chaos Hellcannon: 205
1 Chaos Hellcannon: 205

Total: 1999

Any suggestions will be nice. I've had abysmal luck with WoC my last two games (first turn last game Festus miscast, killed himself and 8 warriors, then a hellcannon destroyed itself, second turn the other hellcannon destroyed itself), so I'm giving my army one last chance to prove itself against OnG before it's back on the shelf.

Cheers

lomore
29-09-2010, 00:44
I'd give warriors the banner of rage instead of the knights.
Any particular reason for the Daemon Prince ? Fluff or personal taste? I really prefer any kind of Chaos lord / chaos sorcerer.

The nurgle theme is a must for every model in the army or can you add different marked models?

dude.sweet101@yahoo.co.uk
29-09-2010, 03:42
There is no such thing as luck, just poor decisions meeting inappropriate timing.....

Read the other lists around here....no DP's (as they are not great) and lots of Tz stuff, including wizards.

Knights suck and you have no puppet.....which is the key to a big hitting magic phase,

1 lvl 2 wizard will not cut the mustard, especially nurgle.

2 Helcannons on the other hand is beardy/cheesy as well...Hell....they are awesome.

You need a bsb desparately.

The Cowslayer
29-09-2010, 13:36
but not every list should be the same, as thats boring anyway ;)

i actually like the prince, but try to make him cheaper, by only taking the fury of the blood god (the others are ok but i think you need the points elsewhere)

a bsb would be very nice, even just naked with a shield or something. makes your (stubborn jay) daemon prince unlikely to run away.

the knights are indeed worse then warriors these days, but still can dish out a lot of pain.

oh and if you put festus in the warrior unit (giving them a regen save) and with them having nurgle mark (protects them from shooting) the shields are less needed (you dont get to use the parry anyway) so you drop those for some other things, like marauder horsemen, doggies or some other small units to annoy your opponent.(or points to get a bsb)

gl with blowing people to bits with the HC's, they rock these days...

cheers

dude.sweet101@yahoo.co.uk
29-09-2010, 14:59
I love seeing the prince on the table,don't get me wrong......I just love seeing it in my opponents army along with knights.

Azshara
29-09-2010, 20:38
I realy like army with a clear theme, however when I play a theme army I always try to find a way to win with the handicap.
I your case I'll try to tell you what to do to win with a/your nurgle theme army.

-the demon prince is weak choice but it's cool to see some. You should use him as a flanker, a mage killer/bsb, canon crew killer and so on. Pick figth that you are sure too win or figth that will be worth it (like charging a unit with a mage in it and if possible with no champion :cool:)
-the special character is pretty nice but it weakens your magic defense as you can't choice any scroll or puppet and your not gonna take 2 other lv 2 casters just to have them. I would choice to go with a bsb with the black tongue (yes I know its risky but for his magic def it will help him and since he realy wanna take a demon prince....) and one or two sorcerer with scrolls and puppet, because for me your weakness rely more in the def against magic phase them any other phase.
-I would take some dogs because your few unit you easily be out deploy and they can still have some things to deal with.
-I would trade your unit of knights and woc for two unit of 18 woc with halberds.
-Flay maybe are a better for your marauder as they have I4 (witch is still pretty good overhaul)
-stay with the hellcanon :chrome:

-but anyway you will still have too many point in character, you realy want a demon prince?

minionboy
30-09-2010, 21:25
The daemon prince was built to be a character killer, specifically, a BSB killer. Most of my opponents run a BSB on foot, meaning this nasty guy causes D6 S4 no save hits, then 4 str 5 attacks, then another D6 S5 hits. I've had pretty decent luck with him so far.

I do like the idea of 2x18 warriors, but in the games i've played so far, those knights have been absolutely devastating. My group plays with the Rage Banner giving the mounts frenzy too, since it says it affects the whole unit, so each of those knights is dishing out 5 attacks, not too shabby.

I would like to have a second mage for magic defense and a BSB, but don't have any idea where to come up with that many points. If I were to add any other mark to the army, it would be Khorne, but I'd prefer to stick with Nurgle or no mark.

As far as luck goes, I'm sorry, but I say destroying a quarter of your army on turn 1 is bad luck.

GodlessM
30-09-2010, 23:00
There is no such thing as luck, just poor decisions meeting inappropriate timing.....

Read the other lists around here....no DP's (as they are not great) and lots of Tz stuff, including wizards.

Knights suck and you have no puppet

What edition are you playing exactly?

reddevil18
01-10-2010, 11:12
meaning this nasty guy causes D6 S4 no save hits, then 4 str 5 attacks, then another D6 S5 hits. I've had pretty decent luck with him so far.

Are the first d6 strength four hits impact hits or something else?

minionboy
01-10-2010, 18:50
meaning this nasty guy causes D6 S4 no save hits, then 4 str 5 attacks, then another D6 S5 hits. I've had pretty decent luck with him so far.

Are the first d6 strength four hits impact hits or something else?

Word of Agony for D6 S4 no saves.
4 Str 5 attacks.
D6 S5 Thunderstomp attacks.

EDIT: I've decided, if my WoC wins the next match, I will buy a Screaming Bell and construct a grand warshrine. If they fail me, then all those new marauder horsemen I just picked up are becoming Centigors and I'm headed back the way of Beasts. Either way, Chaos wins.