PDA

View Full Version : New DE Battleforce contains....?

Spyral
29-09-2010, 00:29
Anyone have any ideas what'll be in the new box?

My guess: 10 warriors 10 wyches, raider, 3 jetbikes (older one had 5) and maybe 5 hellions?

massey
29-09-2010, 01:02
There is no evidence they'll even have one.

ehlijen
29-09-2010, 02:34
There is no evidence they'll even have one.

While that may be technically true, in light of GWs trend to always have one, I think we can assume that there's a good chance there'll be one.

As for what it contains:
1.5 new squad plastic boxes (Whatever those are)
1 new support squad box (Whatever that is)
Raider

destroyerlord
29-09-2010, 06:30
I think 10 each of warriors/wyches, 3-5 bikes (however many is in a box) and a raider would be in keeping with the current battleforces. (It would match the Ork/Space Marine ones anyway).

Shamutanti
29-09-2010, 07:29
While that may be technically true, in light of GWs trend to always have one, I think we can assume that there's a good chance there'll be one.

They haven't reeleased a 'new' BF since Beastmen.

A newsletter went around whilst SW were out informing staff that the final BF product to be released was the Beastmen one.

It additionally went on to say that BFs would only be released now as second waves (e.g. the high elf one getting updated) at the very least and were not something to be expected for new a army updates.

philbrad2
29-09-2010, 07:37
As SHAMUNTANTI says I don't think GW are producing battleforces for 40K or Fantasy anymore.

PhilB
:chrome:

Shamutanti
29-09-2010, 07:43
My name gets capitalised now? I feel special :D

Grimmeth
29-09-2010, 09:50
They haven't reeleased a 'new' BF since Beastmen.

A newsletter went around whilst SW were out informing staff that the final BF product to be released was the Beastmen one.

It additionally went on to say that BFs would only be released now as second waves (e.g. the high elf one getting updated) at the very least and were not something to be expected for new a army updates.

High Elves had a new (well, repackaged) one recently, in all fairness they're questionable as to if they're actually worth buying, while they do offer a discount over buying the models individually almost all of them have something in your don't want (obviously this depends on the gamer) - meaning that they actually don't offer a saving.

If DE are to have one it depends on the costs of the individual boxes.
HOPEFULLY (does anyone have confirmation on this?) going from other armies Wyches and Warriors are going to float around 15 a box. Jetbikes at around 22.50 (same as Orks) and the Raider ? (hopefully 20 - though it does look bigger than a Rhino...)

If this was the Battleforce then the total contents would equal 72.50. which wouldn't be a bad saving...

That would point us at 10 Kabal DE, 10 Wych DE, Raider and 3 (it looks like there are only three on the sprue) Jetbikes - effectively matching the Ork Battleforce. I'd like to think it would be 50 but recently GW have been pushing their battleforces up to 55 (wouldn't be surprised if there was an overall rise on these soon)

spaint2k
29-09-2010, 09:56
As SHAMUNTANTI says I don't think GW are producing battleforces for 40K or Fantasy anymore.

PhilB
:chrome:

That's a real shame. I think the battleforces are a great idea and should be kept. /shrug

Spyral
29-09-2010, 09:58
Hmm interesting if they make none as battle foces for 40/50 are what make building an army financially possibly for me.

Shab
29-09-2010, 11:29
I think DE will get a battleforce, it just makes sense. It's a bit strange that GW didn't release one for BA, but it's not the first time this has happened; daemons didn't get one either.

Polaria
29-09-2010, 11:42
De will get battleforce. Its just that they will get one in... lets see... about 12 years from now.

Spyral
29-09-2010, 11:46
But BA are a spaze marine army so can use the standard marine BF. You can't have your cake and eat it. Different for things like eldar or nids where there is no overlap.

archie-d
29-09-2010, 12:28
i heard they were going to be releasing them in the 2nd waves in future if at all. makes sense from a financial point of view, why release the new stuff in a box set for cheaper when people would be willing to snap it all up in singles?

Whitehorn
29-09-2010, 12:35
I fear the damage that single sprue/bits sellers have done has affected any kind of 'bulk' set in future. Though they asked for it by killing their own bits service.

silverstu
29-09-2010, 12:41
If DE are to have one it depends on the costs of the individual boxes.
HOPEFULLY (does anyone have confirmation on this?) going from other armies Wyches and Warriors are going to float around 15 a box. Jetbikes at around 22.50 (same as Orks) and the Raider ? (hopefully 20 - though it does look bigger than a Rhino...)

I think they will be pricier than that-
Warriors/wyches will be around 20 - same price as dire avengers [and they could be more expensive- the sprues offer a lot more- maybe even the sa,e a s a marine tac squad]
Jetbikes are likely to be 27 for 3 , similar to Raveners
I'd say the raider will be in the 25-30 bracket similar to a falcon

The kits they are replacing were a lot smaller- these kits are all higher quality, more substantial [in terms of size] and have more "bits" on them so it's reasonable to assume they will be pricier.

There was mention of some sort of "army boxes" in the GD/DE thread by Jes- wether these are battleforces/christmas army sets or initial sets is anyone's guess.[or if they are happening at all]. I'm not expecting any savings though.
As yet no confirmation of prices etc.. but they will be up for preorder in a week.

jsullivanlaw
04-10-2010, 19:10
10 warriors, 1 raider, 5 jetbikes, and 10 jungle trees :)

Cuchulain84
04-10-2010, 19:16
Anyone have any ideas what'll be in the new box?

My guess: 10 warriors 10 wyches, raider, 3 jetbikes (older one had 5) and maybe 5 hellions?

That sounds a little optimistic to me.

MajorWesJanson
04-10-2010, 22:54
A battleforce (I also expect the 10 warrior, 10 wytch, 1 raider 3 jetbikes) makes sense with wave 2 Dark eldar- lower prices encourage current DE players to get some to expand their forces, while it provides a nice core to add to the second wave specialty units. Its a lot easier to sell some wave 2 models when they can buy a battleforce to add them to instead of 4 other kits.