PDA

View Full Version : Ard Boyz Finals Chaos Warriors

thisisntnotjt
29-09-2010, 01:14
Hey guys, we started a tactics thread in the other forum, so I thought I'd start transferring these lists-in-progress and try to work out any possible kinks. Here's what we have so far...

[330] Chaos Lord
Tzeentch
shield
Talisman of Protection
Sword of Anti-Heroes
Helm of Many Eyes

(What we have here is a rock hard character killing machine that, at the same time, will be extremely difficult to kill himself. This is vital for scenarios and picking up extra battle points.)

[400] Sorcerer Lord
Level 4
Tzeentch
Armour of Destiny
Infernal Puppet
Third Eye of Tzeentch

(Mainstay magic user, mostly there to punish enemy wizards who get a pit too cheeky with their power dice. At the same time, I can throw 6 dice at Gateway every turn with very little to fear.)

Heroes: 230

[270] Exalted Hero
Tzeentch
BSB
Shield
Blasted Standard
Word of Agony

(Pretty simple here. Gets the Tzeentch unit, along with the Lord, up the field safely.)

Core: 1027 Points

[391] 18 Chaos Warriors w/ Halberds, Shields
Tzeentch
Full Command
Banner of Rage

(Workhorse unit, frenzy and shooting protection for them and my Lord. This unit kills almost anything it touches. Just needs to stay clear of certain monsters.)

[367] 18 Chaos Warriors w/ Halberds, Shields
Khorne
Full Command
Banner of Eternal Flame

(Utility unit, this is my answer for Aboms. and Hydras, as well as a good over all chainsaw unit.)

[200] 30 Chaos Marauders w/ Great Weapons
Khorne
Full Command

(Super points efficient. Will usually house the Sorc Lord. Fantastic at scaring off horde units and knights alike. Also work well as bait in a pinch. "What do you mean it's only worth 200 points?")

[30] 5 Warhounds

[30] 5 Warhounds

(Screeners, re-directors, warmachine hunters, cheap)

Special: 600

[150] Chaos Chariot
Khorne

[150] Chaos Chariot
Khorne

[150] Chaos Chariot
Khorne

[150] Chaos Chariot
Khorne

(These brothers have yet to fail me. I was a bit nervous sitting down to game three against a big block of tzeentch chosen, but a quad charge from these guys pounded them flat.)

Rare: 410 Points

[205] Hellcannon

[205] Hellcannon

(Vital to any competitive list. These guys blow away units across the table one turn, then charge in and crush infantry the next!)

Obviously I am trying to get any advice I can and discuss the possibilities thereof. This list is no where near set in stone. It is a hybrid of the list I took to the regionals, which was a hybrid of the list I won with at the locals. I believe in adapting, and I can see very clearly that I have a lot of work to do if I have any hopes of winning this thing.

dude.sweet101@yahoo.co.uk
29-09-2010, 03:44
I'd rather have a caddy with an enchanted shld and scroll than a chariot, shadow with MMM is favourite.

The rest is solid.

Good dice.

Dan

Tower_Of_The_Stars
29-09-2010, 13:44
Looks solid and well thought out though I agree with dude.sweet that a scroll caddy would be preferable to a chariot.

I would like to play this list; it would be a good challenge.

SilasOfTheLambs
29-09-2010, 15:59
I agree on the scroll caddy. Specifically, it should be the scroll of feedback. Teclis is tearing up the metagame these days and a feedback scroll is one of the best ways to get at him, assuming he's properly bunkered in a phoenix guard unit with several quality dueling chars to soak up challenges.

thisisntnotjt
29-09-2010, 22:56
Is the Scroll of Feedback really worth it? It seems like the only times it will be useful is when they roll 5-6 dice, in which case is seems pretty likely they'll get IF, which means the scroll can't be used. This is especially true with Teclis and Power Scroll users, which are now quite common.