PDA

View Full Version : Plague Disciples

TrojanWolf
29-09-2010, 12:18
I've only just been thinking about this, and I'm not entirely sure on how it would work out.

According to the PCB's Plague Disciples rule, they can use the rank bonus of a nearby unit of Plague Monks to modify their Ld for SiN. Would anything change if they were joined by a Plague Priest or Lord Skrolk, ie, could they get SiN on top of the Ld of the character? I ask because the characters themselves don't have the Disciples rule.

Would I be correct in assuming that they would use both, using the characters Ld and then adding ranks on top for Disciples?

Another question that I want to ask is whether it's possible for Plague Priests to take warpstone tokens. The first para states that any Grey Seers and Warlock Engineers can take as many as they like, but says nothing about Plague Priests. Would they treat it as a normal magic item (only one Priest could take one token)?

Sorry if I missed this, I did do a search but it didn't really answer my question.

Makrar
30-09-2010, 06:00
1) I would say Yes as for ld tests you use the highest ld of the unit and would then add the rank bonus to that
2) No they cant (For the life of me i dont know why)

Little Joe
30-09-2010, 08:49
In the description of warp stone tokens it only states how warlocks and grey seers would use it. Since only they may use them, no.

TrojanWolf
30-09-2010, 23:48
Thanks for the answers, they were pretty much what I expected. Though I do agree with you Makrar, it makes no sense that Priests can't use warpstone tokens.

Kevlar
01-10-2010, 09:31
Thanks for the answers, they were pretty much what I expected. Though I do agree with you Makrar, it makes no sense that Priests can't use warpstone tokens.

Yeah it is dumb. Its almost like they forgot about making priests mages when they wrote up the arcane section of the book. Oh well a power stone is more cost effective anyway.