PDA

View Full Version : Bloody Horn Tribe-2000pts.

Lupercus
29-09-2010, 19:32
Hey there all. It's been a while since I've posted much of anything here, mostly thanks to a lack of time caused by classes, work, and getting in as many games of Fantasy with my Orcs as I can manage. In the last couple of weeks I've managed to get in 3 games with the Boyz, and to be honest, things are going very, very well. I've only managed to get some 2000 point games in thus far, but I'm working on arranging some higher points matches for next games night. This is the current version of the 2000 point list I've been using, and having great fun and success with.

Warboss Urgrak Bloody Horn
Black Orc Warboss-
Armour of Destiny
The Collar of Zorga
Guzzla's Battle Brew

Snaga Yellowskull
Orc Great Shaman-
Level 4
Staff of Baduumm
Opal Amulet

Buzrog
Black Orc Big Boss-
Battle Standard Bearer
Armour of Silvered Steel

Morgruk the Slaya
Black Orc Big Boss-
Heavy Armour
Shield
Shrieking Blade

Skargor's Spike Fangs
28 Orc Boyz-
Spears
Shields
Musician
Standard Bearer
Boss Skargor
*Warboss and Battle Standard join this unit

Gorag's Gutslashas
29 Orc Boyz-
Shields
Musician
Standard Bearer
Boss Gorag
*Black Orc Big Boss joins this unit

Grubwort's Stikkas
20 Night Goblins-
Short Bows
Musician
x1 Fanatic

Gorah
Orc Boar Chariot

Doom-Tuska
Orc Boar Chariot

Iron Tusks
19 Black Orcs-
Shields
Musician
Standard Bearer
Boss Gnashrag
*Great Shaman joins this unit

Bonebasher
Goblin Rock Lobber-
Orc Bully

Deathsplatta
Doom Diver Catapult

Hakka's Trolls
3 Trolls

TOTAL 1999pts.

Like I said, I've been having some great fun and success with this army, along with the usual Greenskin randomness that either makes you curse or praise Gork and Mork(or both...), and all in all, I'm becoming very, very fond of my Bloody Horn Tribe. In particular, thus far, there have been some definite stand out star players. Snaga, my Great Shaman, has been just awesome. The Lore of the Big Waaagh! is pretty incredible, and Snaga is a master. He's definitely been a game-turner for me on a couple of occasions, and I can't picture myself ever hitting the tabletop without him.

Buzrog, ,my BSB has been another absolute life-saver. I can't say enough good things about an Orc and Goblin Battle Standard Bearer, and again, I don't think I'd ever make a list excluding this particularly gnarly and tough old Black Orc. His abilities have held my battleline together in some pretty sticky situations, and I dread the thought of what would have happened to my Boyz had his re-rolls and "discipline" not been there....

Gorah and Doom-Tuska, my two aptly named Boar Chariots have also been very effective. Hard-hitting, quite survivable...they're the perfect supporting units to my larger blocks of Boyz and Black Orcs.

All in all, the entire army has performed very well...even the little unit of Night Goblins, Grubwort's Stikkas have occasionally proven themselves worthwhile, either by putting a few black-fletched arrows into an enemy unit and peeling off a rank, or by releasing their Fanatic nutter and having him jellify a unit or three somewhat. This said, for the sake of variety and army growth, I'm interested in making some changes and advancements in the list now.

I'd really like to see how you think I can make this army all the better. Any changes, additions, subtractions, etc. are fair game. I like to shake things up every now and then, and I'm feeling like this is a good time to start thinking about the next step for my Boyz. So any changes to the units, characters, anything at all, fire away.

Lupercus

Lupercus
29-09-2010, 20:50
Well, to start off I've been thinking of beefing up my units of Boyz, from 30-strong to 40-strong each. As they are they've been doing quite well, but I think I would feel a little more comfortable with an extra couple of ranks on each unit. In my mind, for the points, it doesn't get much more solid than that.

Same goes for the Black Orcs...if I decide to keep them in the 2000 point version of the list. They're a little on the pricey side at this level, but I've found that they do pretty well. Also, they tend to make quite a good bodyguard for my Great Shaman, with no worries of Animosity spoiling his magic phases and providing some tough, large, surly, and potentially high damage Orc bodies to the mix. I've found it to work very well for me. The Opal Amulet and the Great Shaman's naturally high Toughness tend to work fairly well for keeping him alive for a turn or two, if it comes to that. Not to mention, I've found that most combats with Black Orcs don't tend to last too long for most enemy units(especially spell-enhanced Black Orcs...), so the Great Shaman doesn't stay in danger too long. Back to my original point, I definitely wouldn't mind adding another rank or two to this unit, taking the Iron Tusks up to 25 to 30-strong.

I'm also thinking of changing up the Night Goblin unit, perhaps changing it to a more close combat armed gobbo regiment. This would be about 40-strong, have Netters, hand weapons and shields, and some Fanatics, of course. A cheap Night Goblin Big Boss wouldn't be a bad buy for a unit like this either, I'm thinking.

So there are a few things I'm considering at the moment. Thoughts? Other ideas and suggestions?

Edit: Also, I should mention what other models and units I have painted up and ready to go in my collection:

A few more Orc Boyz models, one with spear and shield, two with choppas and shields
Another Black Orc Big Boss on foot
Another Orc Shaman
Two mounted Black Orc Big Bosses on Boars
60 Night Goblins, command models, mostly hand weapons and shields, Netters, a couple of them converted to pass as Shamans if necessary
Five more Night Goblin Fanatics
Another Doom Diver Catapult(the "Kill-Twanga")
Another Goblin Rock Lobber(the "Skullsmasha")
20 Goblin Wolf Riders...mostly with spears, a Musician model, a converted Boss model if needed
18 Orc Boar Boyz, most likely used in two units of 9 each, with full command, and each accompanied by one of the Big Bosses on Boars