PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Lelith's new look?

Kiras of the flame
30-09-2010, 04:08
ok so we all know that the Dark Eldar are finally getting their long awaited upgrade... and so far the models look beautiful... one noted new look is that of the infamous sexy Wytch Elf Lelith Hesperax in her new deadly bikini of death (http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m1400370a_2010-09-28_6_873x627.jpg)...
(If you want to see the old model here she is (http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/mediawiki/images/6/64/Hesperax.jpg))

now I actually think she's a beautiful model (for the usual standards for GW) but I want to hear from the masses of what you think of her new wardrobe

this is a kid friendly site... remember that...

Biff Gunhed
30-09-2010, 04:14
I agree she is a great model. I do find it amusing though that while the new Wyches in general seem to have more clothing than previously, Lelith's bikini seems to have gotten even more itsy-bitsy teeny-weeny.

owen matthew
30-09-2010, 04:35
GREAT model. This company shows, on occasion, that they can do more than make a nice looking marine...

Gatsby
30-09-2010, 05:15
I love the new model, it is definitely of of the better sculpts out come out of GW, but I kinda prefer the older one. But I'm sure the new Lelith will grow on me....:shifty:

Reflex
30-09-2010, 05:20
It's just a better more detailed model... End of story.

Leftenant Gashrog
30-09-2010, 05:24
Actually I don't think the bikini itself has changed much, in fact I think the bra might cover more area.. its the grotesquely chunky armour plating and weapons on the original model that give the impression of being more covered.

Khorneflakes
30-09-2010, 06:55
i like the new model even thou she has a "butch" look about her

Bloodknight
30-09-2010, 07:30
I love the new model, it will send my old Lelith off to Succubus duty ;).

The old one was already one of GW's best minis, IMO, but the new one is just better quality. I especially love that she's barefoot. That's far cooler than combat heels...

Souleater
30-09-2010, 08:24
i like the new model even thou she has a "butch" look about her

If we had to hang of the side of a an anti-grav skimmer by one hand I'm sure we'd all end up looking a lot more butch. I mean that's got to build upper body strength.

I prefer the old model. The mask and armour for me made her look more like a showman (woman...eldar...?) a sense of performing to the crowd which for a gladiator seemed right. I've seen a few people moan about the Wyches being T&A but they are fighters and performers. And being Eldar they are obviously arrogant enough to do it on a battlefield as readily as in the arena.

I get the idea of her needing less gear because she is so deadly but I think she ends up looking too plan.

And I don't like built in scenic bases.

Shadowheart
30-09-2010, 08:43
It's a fantastic model, no question. I'm not convinced of it as Lelith Hesperax, or as any Wych special character, but the only problem I have with the actual mini is the hair. I get why they made it that big, but it kinda undermines the naturalistic look.

That said, I really like the first Lelith too. The weapons and blade/spikes are rather chunky, but otherwise it's a fine sculpt. I don't think Chris FitzPatrick was really suited to 40K, with such a distinctive style he's better off doing his own thing.

Stonerhino
30-09-2010, 08:55
You have put a option of the old one being better.

Thanatos_elNyx
30-09-2010, 09:01
I love both models and will definately have both.
The new one seems more dramatic but the old one is more distinctive.

Spyral
30-09-2010, 09:02
Will probably swap the scenic base due to the suxxor TLOS rules but otherwise looks great

destroyerlord
30-09-2010, 09:21
I never really liked the old one, don't see what people like about it.
The new one is absolutely gorgeous, almost worth buying just to paint and put on display (I've never done that before).

EffCee
30-09-2010, 09:22
I adore the new model. Definately the best female model GW has done to my mind. Though I must say the old one was the best of a poor line.

Grimmeth
30-09-2010, 11:08
Yes yes yes!
Both to the look and being a perv (hey, at least I admit it!)

AlexHolker
30-09-2010, 11:20
I've said it once, and I'll say it again: Juan Diaz needs to do the sculpts for a Witches or Repentia plastic kit.

Sister_Sin
30-09-2010, 11:24
The model actually looks like a woman for a change...and doesn't need a suspension bridge for support purposes. Very nicely done.

Sister Sin

Commandojimbob
30-09-2010, 11:34
Its the first piece of plastic that has made me go "oh, ding dong!" - well actually maybe not the first ;)

Its a great model, especially the torso, get a real sense of movement.

Logarithm Udgaur
30-09-2010, 11:49
I like them both. The old model had that cool trident, but the new one is much smexier.

Shamana
30-09-2010, 11:53
The old was good, the new is great. The bra is a little stripperific, but iirc fluff said that Lilith already preferred to fight showing as much flesh as possible (http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/mediawiki/images/2/22/Hesperax_2.jpg), as a taunt to her opponents and a statement to her skills. So basically she's so badass she doesn't need decent armor or combat drugs to take on anyone, in a colliseum or a battlefield. Well, that and iirc she had a shadow field which she relied on for defense anyway.

In the end, it works great. It ties to the fluff, looks good, and is overall a kickass model even for other games.

DioRa
30-09-2010, 12:17
Its the first piece of plastic that has made me go "oh, ding dong!" - well actually maybe not the first ;)

Its a great model, especially the torso, get a real sense of movement.

It's metal, not plastic.

Love the model and will be buying two, one for conversion purposes and one to be like she is.

x-esiv-4c
30-09-2010, 12:22
Why are there only 2 choices in the poll? Why can't there be a "meh".

Souleater
30-09-2010, 12:27
Clearly because they couldn't be bothered :D

Prokrustes
30-09-2010, 12:36
New model is technically awesome. However, I dont like the facial expression, her being barefoot..ermh...screw it. I prefer the old model even though it isnt sculpted as well as the new one. Somehow, I really did like the phoenician S/M vibe the old DE had.... (if they just hadnt been so ugly sculpted)

Max_Killfactor
30-09-2010, 12:43
When judging how good a female looks, I need to see her from behind first.

That being said, from the front Lelith looks to be the best female model GW has done. The proportions are spot on and I'm into the crazy barefoot lady, and the pms stare.

DeeKay
30-09-2010, 15:21
Short answer, the new Lilith model is nice.

Long answer, the new model of Lilith is nice, but it does seem a bit bulky for an eldar model. Maybe it's just the angle of the pics but I would prefer to see the model up close before passing any final judgement.

With regards,
Dan.

supemc
30-09-2010, 15:31
I'll be in my bunk..

Earthbeard
30-09-2010, 15:32
The old one was one of my least favourite in the DE line (I liked most of it), so the new one while a great departure from the original is much much better for me.

spetswalshe
30-09-2010, 15:44
Maybe it's just the angle of the pics but I would prefer to see the model up close before passing any final judgement.

Same. Plus points of the new model, from what I've seen so far;

Much better pose (though I hate 'mobile scenery' bases)
Much less going on - original was too cluttered with oversized weapons and spikes

Negatives;

Even bigger hair - looks like a cheap way of adding movement and reinforcing the weird notion that a powerful mini should be bigger than everyone else, despite her already being on a raised base and the sculptor already challenging the motion with less armour and smaller weapons
Torso looks too thick - Eldar (esp. females) usually have a very triangular body shape
Feet look weird - toes too short, or something I can't put my finger on
Model also going to look very bland and plain with most paintjobs; not really a criticsm of the model, but I can't see people doing much interesting with bare skin (though heavy tattoos would look good)

Biggest negative for me, though, is the loss of the mask. It made the face much more angular and less human; made her look more eroticised while also much more creepy. Now she's just a scowling Wych.

Kallas
30-09-2010, 15:49
I'll be in my bunk..

Seconded due to firefly reference (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrFaTjcNzZM) and being the correct answer. :shifty:

Poseidal
30-09-2010, 15:52
The new one has a very different characterisation than the old one. I prefer the new one, I must admit.

And I like the big hair.

loveless
30-09-2010, 16:00
Big fan of the new one - though I didn't realize it was Lelith when I first saw it (in the GW newsletter) and just assumed she was a squad leader or generic Wych HQ.

While an excellent model, "classic" Lelith was starting to show her age. Her weapons were on the chunky side (which is just a side effect of miniature-making at that time) and the mask felt to be both an excuse to avoid sculpting her face and a bit counter-intuitive to her "bare as much as possible" mentality.

She feels like an arrogant warrior now - one who has foregone everything from armor to boots in an effort to decrease the slowdown such things would cause. The hair is perhaps a bit much, but it differentiates her nicely from her underlings. The daggers are an excellent touch as well - a bit more frightening than her old weapons and an interesting change from the usual swords and chainsaw-weapons we expect to see on 40K miniatures.

Kiras of the flame
30-09-2010, 16:13
because...

meh

loveless
30-09-2010, 16:26

because...

meh

Well, "meh" is the same as "I have no strong opinion, so I don't know why I'm bothering to vote"

Honestly, when you go in to vote on a proposition or amendment or what-have-you in governmental elections, the choices aren't "Yes, No, or I don't care" - the choices are "Yes or No".

The question in this is effectively: Do you like Lelith's new look?

Adding an "I don't care" is pointless, because it adds nothing to the goal of gathering a census opinion - "I don't have an opinion" is not worth recording and encourages people that shouldn't be voting to vote.

In long run, Kiras has the right idea.

Ravenous
30-09-2010, 16:35
Old models better, honestly they should have just based it off that kick ass artwork. I still like this one but the old one is more characterful.

dragonet111
30-09-2010, 16:36
I really like the new model. I don't say it's a better model but I prefer the new Lelith except for the bare foot:D

sliganian
30-09-2010, 16:37
As person disinterested in all things Dark Eldar, I would say....the older model is better.

I'm sorry, but the new model's Peggy Bundy hair-do is just ludicrous. What could have been a great model is lowered by clownish sculpting buffonery.

Big Hair: It's the new 'Big Hands'.

Eldoriath
30-09-2010, 16:41
I like the new model better then the old. The old one looks more bulky and less witch-y then the new one. The bare feet is a really nice touch that I like much and she looks very agile overall although she looks a bit butch in the face, but perhaps it could be a painting issue.

But, I like the model. She looks fast, agile, deadly and in a bad temper because she has to breath the same air as lesser beings.

Ravenous
30-09-2010, 16:47
Changed my mind new one is too generic, should have kept the mask.

especially after see this:http://coolminiornot.com/pics/pics11/img451d9fde77a53.jpg

and this:

AlphariusOmegon20
30-09-2010, 16:48
I've been playing DE since the original book came out. I like the new look of the new DE and love Lelith's new look.

But.... I don't like the bare feet. I did prefer the combat heels look. Overall, I'll definitely buy the new one, but the bare feet look downgrades the overall look of the model some to me.

Poseidal
30-09-2010, 16:49
Big Hair is the New Old Big Hair.

Remember the Amazonia Gothique (Chaosette)? Old style Witch Elves, Howling Banshees and Jain-Zar?

Jayden63
30-09-2010, 16:50
I actually like both equally. Very good models that each have their own presence.

LonelyPath
30-09-2010, 19:36
Like the original DE range, it's the only model I've seen in the new range that I actually like. I'm not to sure I like the face, but it is a good pose. I think it's about on par with the original.

sliganian
30-09-2010, 19:39
Big Hair is the New Old Big Hair.

Remember the Amazonia Gothique (Chaosette)? Old style Witch Elves, Howling Banshees and Jain-Zar?

And your point being....what? Exactly?
That bad scuplting decisions perpetuate down through the years? :)

jsullivanlaw
30-09-2010, 19:55
Lelith is a lucky character, she has had two gorgeous models despite being from a notoriously ugly model line. (wych has changed recently) The ONLY thing i dislike about the model is the built in scenic bases. I have never been a fan of basing as it takes away from the model itself. But i don't like how lelith is perched on something wherever she goes. If there is a way to put her on a normal base i will get her but otherwise no. There are more than enough beautiful models in the new range to pick from.

Nuggan
30-09-2010, 20:04
It's a gorgeous model, it's just I think it's a bit too 'plain' for a Special Character, especially compared to the Gladiatorial Domme that was the previous incarnation.

What i'm more interested about it is what it's armed with compared to the previous one's load-out.

shin'keiro
30-09-2010, 20:09
Not enough choices on the vote.... im in the middle - not bothered either way

silverstu
30-09-2010, 20:17
I like them both, but the new one edges it- really fantastic sculpt- can't wait to paint her up.

Gharnukk
30-09-2010, 20:22
I think that the standard of the miniature is amazing, but I dont like the idea of a half naked barefoot killinmachine. And I have to admit that it is hard for me to see the coolness...

Logan_uc
30-09-2010, 20:26
Looks like a cross-dresser, the 1st time i saw it, i wasn't sure if it was a male or a female (In the position it was, the only hints where the hair and the outfit).

HK-47
30-09-2010, 20:27
I love the new model, I love all the new models but I'm a BE fan so I'm a little bias. However I don't like the fact that they got rid of her trident for two knives, I think the trident made her look more like a gladiator, while the two knives makes her look like an assassin.

Deamon-forge
30-09-2010, 20:31
i mite just pick her up just to try and paint.

Malorian
30-09-2010, 20:34
The new one is amazing!

UlricDarksoul
30-09-2010, 20:51
I think the new one is good, but it has that transvesti face that i don't like... the old one had the mask, which was characterful, but the pose of the new one is quite good, except for the basin...

i would say i'm too in the middle of the bad made survey. You cannot add adjectives to the options like perv or wus.

spetswalshe
30-09-2010, 21:00
She feels like an arrogant warrior now - one who has foregone everything from armor to boots in an effort to decrease the slowdown such things would cause.

Would have felt the same, if she wasn't wearing full greaves and a manica.

However I don't like the fact that they got rid of her trident for two knives, I think the trident made her look more like a gladiator, while the two knives makes her look like an assassin.

A good point; aside from the aforementioned manica - and now that new Wyches no longer sport the bra+panties look - this model has no more in common with the Wyches than it does with the Warriors. Apart from the topknots; I only now realised that all they Wyches sport them *shudder*.

If I do get this model, I'll definately be swapping out the blades; thinner ones would be much more appropriate, but I guess couldn't be done in metal.

Grimtuff
30-09-2010, 21:10
What i'm more interested about it is what it's armed with compared to the previous one's load-out.

We were discussing this yesterday at my local store wierdly. I think poisoned rending attacks would be acceptable. :)

If they call such a combo of rules "Death by 1000 cuts" i'll have another nerdgasm. :D

Chainaxe07
30-09-2010, 21:10
Well, like all the new dark eldr range she looks very "fantasy over science fiction", but i think its a good thing. The bikini is a bonus :)

Nezalhualixtlan
30-09-2010, 21:35
The new model is incredible, very nice sculpt. I don't know of a better female model they've done, the guy who did it should be in charge of the entire Sister's of Battle force. The new DE line is making me want to do a force of them, even though I didn't really intend to, but even if I don't I might pick this model up just to paint it.

SgtTaters
30-09-2010, 21:36
she must get her hair cut the same place Yriel does

Bikini though? My thought was "sports bra". Same with the rest of the Wyches

They must run all the gyms in Commoragh and show up in (super evil soul derived) protein shake commercials.

Insta_AxE_Toast
01-10-2010, 00:03
I like the old Lelith a lot more. The new Lelith looks like a bikini clad grumpy monkey fighter.

Meriwether
01-10-2010, 00:17
I think that the new Lelith is perhaps the best female model that GW has produced... And yet for some reason I still like the old Lelith more.

Zothos
01-10-2010, 00:29
Meriwether posting in general?....whoa.

The new Lelith model is one of the best models GW has ever done. I cannot wait to make her into a Daemonette/ Herald of Slaanesh~

Meriwether
01-10-2010, 00:33
Meriwether posting in general?....whoa.

It happens here and there...

I have over 2,500 threads I've posted in -- not counting the Chaos Wastes... It's nearly inevitable that I post in Gen once in a while.

Zothos
01-10-2010, 00:34
and here I had thought you a bit more elitist than that~

Kiras of the flame
01-10-2010, 00:45
what? this thread is open to everyone... Elitist or not everyone is welcome to comment on everything...

thus the Internet is our playground of mayhem...

Meriwether
01-10-2010, 02:05
I'm quite the egalitarian -- I think everyone is well dumber than they think they are, myself included. 40K general is just that x1000 most of the time, so I feel right at home.

Eulenspiegel
01-10-2010, 05:47
I too feel that Meriwether should post less in GW General.

Wait ... what was the topic again? ;)

The new model is awesome, but the old one was so, too. At its time. As someone has said, she was one of the few models in the old DE line you could actually bear looking at (and if Id started DE, Id use the old model, with a little conversion work: way smaller weapons, the spikes filed down a little, ...).

eldargal
01-10-2010, 06:38
I agree, there is something quite feminine and elegent, in a sinister way, about the old model. The new model is better in every way, but it just lacks a certain something. When I first saw it I thought it would be a superb Succubus/Syren. I still love the new model, not just the finest GW female but one of the finest 28mm female sculpts that I know of, and I've searched for female sculpts extensivley for conversion opportunities.

I think that the new Lelith is perhaps the best female model that GW has produced... And yet for some reason I still like the old Lelith more.

Hellebore
01-10-2010, 06:50
I think it's great. The only thing that lets it down is the way the face has no real expression on it IMO.

But I can't understand people saying it's too plain, or that the hair is huge etc. The original model was, apart from some spikes and a mask, just as plain. I think too many people have become accustomed to the GW school of space marine special character design - the pimpdaddy blingmasta.:rolleyes:

Attached is a comparison between the new and the old, with two different coloured old ones to show parts better.

The new one is virtually identical to the old one:

The same leg armour, minus some large spikes (a motif of the old wyches).
The same g-string design
A larger 'bra' in the sports style rather than a big metal pushup
The same arm armour down to the strap across the top of the right arm (again without the oversized curved spikes)
The hair is slightly larger, but the old Lelith's hair isn't exactly tiny either. The top knot part is what makes the new one look like she has 'big' hair

Really, the only things that are very different are the weapons (oversized scimitar and trident), the curved spike motif like the big shoulder one (but this was dropped across all wyches), the mask and the fact that her hands have been clothed but her feet are nude.

Comparatively the two models are VERY similar. I don't like the oversized design style of Fitzpatrick and didn't like it when his stuff was released 10 years ago (cf 3rd ed howling banshees).

I think though that the model is let down by a virtually expressionless face. Her body is animated but her face is not, setting a dichtomy that is very noticable.

IMO.

Hellebore

AlexHolker
01-10-2010, 08:32
The ONLY thing i dislike about the model is the built in scenic bases. I have never been a fan of basing as it takes away from the model itself. But i don't like how lelith is perched on something wherever she goes. If there is a way to put her on a normal base i will get her but otherwise no.
I think she will still work on a normal base, if you reverse her grip on both knives. This will change it from a "perching" pose to a "just slashed someone with both knives" pose.

eldargal
01-10-2010, 08:56
It may be the post more than anything else, the old one has quite sinuous posture which may be what makes her look more feminine.
I don't agree about her facial expression, I think she has quite a determined, contemptuous look.

marv335
01-10-2010, 11:35
I quite like the new model, it has a lot of poise and movement in it.
I have a horrible feeling it may be the start of my next project.

Flame Boy
01-10-2010, 13:26
I'm quite impressed with the new model. I wasn't keen on the camp batman mask, and I wasn't for of the comedy pitchfork she used to wield. The new model looks more practical, though I suppose less glamourous?

Radium
01-10-2010, 15:55
I'm quite impressed with the new model. I wasn't keen on the camp batman mask, and I wasn't for of the comedy pitchfork she used to wield. The new model looks more practical, though I suppose less glamourous?

My thoughts exactly.

I think the model looks great (and therefor bound to end up in my army), the stance of the model, and the sense of movement really make her stand out from the crowd, even if she is a bit plain-looking by GW's character standards - which is actually a good thing.

sliganian
01-10-2010, 18:04
In a battle of the top-knots, we have Lelith vs. Abaddon: the result?

Shreds of hair extensions everywhere! :D

Skawolf
01-10-2010, 18:45
Well I love this new lilith! It, to me, makes for an awesome utility model that I will be buying two of. One for my Dark Eldar and one as a death hag for my dark elves.

Ovechkin8
01-10-2010, 19:23
Best GW model I've seen.

I'm going to convert this one for my eldar army and put Jain Zars weapons on her.

Hrw-Amen
01-10-2010, 19:44
I like the model, but not as the Lelith character. I much prefer the old look for her, although i was not keen on the mask the old figure to me looks more female in its posture.

Although the new model is good it does not look like a character and just like a normal wytch. Also not keen on the barefoot aspect, she probably would have really hard skin on her soles running around battlefields with all sorts of sharp debris strewn about. That is so un-female and just not a nice thought.

Freman Bloodglaive
02-10-2010, 01:17
I like the model. If the budget would stretch to it I'd almost be tempted to build a Wych army around her.

As it is I'll probably pick up the model to paint, although I'd paint her in flesh tones, not purple.

onidemon
02-10-2010, 16:16
I think the new model is a huge improvement for my tastes, but I tend to think of the models as being the same person in different phases of her life.

The new model represents young Lilith, perhaps only 60 years old, just having fought to the top of the pit fighter rankings.

The old model represents older Lilith, perhaps a hundred and sixty. Her hair has thinned, she wears a mask to cover a facial scar, she wears boots after a disastrous encounter with an Imperial Guard barbed wire line... And though she's slowed some from her frantic youth, she makes up for it with much larger and hurtier weapons.

Utred
02-10-2010, 17:04
Just want to say, I actually like both models - I think at the time they were both produced they are some of GW's better models. But... I have to say as Letith, I'm not yet convinced with the new model. Like others, I'd really like to see it in the flesh so to say.

As others have said, it looks just like a Wych, rather than the an utterly beautiful and deadly gladiator she's supposed to be. Totally agree with every work of Nuggan's points earlier.

Part of it I think may be the pose, as Eldoriath said, the new one looks very agile, but she's lost that feminine, elegent, and sinister pose from before. Some of that to me, is the crouch she's in now means she's not an lithe long pose which highlights her long eldar body - she's in effect in an Ork hunch.

As I say, fantastic new model, but I personally don't think she's a good Lelith.

Sandlemad
02-10-2010, 21:19
New one. Just as Jes says in the designer notes, stripped down and so forth. I like the hair, actually seems to give the model weight and accentuates the movement. I agree with Hellebore in that it's nice to see the reverse of the 'higher up: more bling'. The strength of the pose, even if removed from the scenic base, is enough to mark her as above a Succubus, who we've seen in the plastic box.

That said, this thread made me look back at the old one and it ain't bad. Some of the detail is a bit chunky but I think it'd still look a fine succubus or even Dracon with some of it trimmed. And the trident removed; it just doesn't look particularly DE-ish to my mind.

EDIT: Looking back at the poses, I have to say the new one seems much better. The older Lilith is prancing rather daintily, stepping very carefully. Maybe that fits for the ultimate gladiator but the new one makes her competence more explicit. Arguably less feminine but it's all a matter of personal judgement; I'd say it makes her a lot cooler, less 'come hither' and more fearsome. She should stand out as the finestof Commoragh's pit fighters regardless of gender.

LaurentleBete
02-10-2010, 22:46
It's good, but I agree its rather lacking for a special character. I thought generic wych when I first saw it.

The only thing that makes it stands out is the hair. And that's not good really...

Logarithm Udgaur
07-10-2010, 23:25
I actually thought Kruellagh the Vile (http://coolminiornot.com/pics/pics10/img4405e54eef488.jpg) when I first saw it. I am not sure why they replaced one of the few serviceable Dark Eldar, instead of a monstrosity like Kruellagh.

Tzar Boris
08-10-2010, 01:24
For me its the overall look of it - the weapons are less clunky looking and the features actually believable. I don't think the old model was that bad though - certainly isn't as bad a Kruellagh the vile (one of many late 90s bad name puns - I blame Chambers)

nightgant98c
08-10-2010, 03:10
I like the new model alot. At least GW aren't making everything totally kiddified.

Hellebore
08-10-2010, 03:29
I actually thought data Kruellagh the Vile (http://coolminiornot.com/pics/pics10/img4405e54eef488.jpg) when I first saw it. I am not sure why they replaced one of the few serviceable Dark Eldar, instead of a monstrosity like Kruellagh.

Well Kruelllagh isn't in the new codex. I suppose people could use her as an Archon/Succubus alternative, but as she's not in the codex there really isn't any point in redoing her.

Hellebore

eldargal
08-10-2010, 03:51
I have that reversed, myself. Old model is younger, flashier Lelith. Mask and slightly 'dramatic' clothing to intimidate her foes and assert her own importance. New model is older, wiser Lelith who knows she doesn't have to make any visual claims, she knows she is the best fighter in the galaxy (if not the strongest.:rolleyes:)

I think the new model is a huge improvement for my tastes, but I tend to think of the models as being the same person in different phases of her life.

The new model represents young Lilith, perhaps only 60 years old, just having fought to the top of the pit fighter rankings.

The old model represents older Lilith, perhaps a hundred and sixty. Her hair has thinned, she wears a mask to cover a facial scar, she wears boots after a disastrous encounter with an Imperial Guard barbed wire line... And though she's slowed some from her frantic youth, she makes up for it with much larger and hurtier weapons.

Orcboy_Phil
08-10-2010, 08:02
Lelith's bikini seems to have gotten even more itsy-bitsy teeny-weeny.

Damn, I'm now going to have to get one of her just to paint yellow with black dots. Curse you ;)

unique_dragon
08-10-2010, 08:27
i love it, it's just so feminine for a change :)

Shamana
08-10-2010, 09:02
New model is older, wiser Lelith who knows she doesn't have to make any visual claims, she knows she is the best fighter in the galaxy (if not the strongest.:rolleyes:)

I agree with that, with one twist. The older model showed someone who (consciously) created the impression she was a badass pit fighter. The new model shows someone who doesn't care to. Someone would have to be either a complete idiot or skilled beyond belief to rush into battle bare-footed, and seeing how we're talking about a wych cult succubus (liked archite better, meh), one of these options is out of the question. Still, too bad they didn't let her keep the agonizer - she seems to be taking the bare-bones approach a bit too far, methinks.

Lelith Hesperax: straight-edge and better than you. ;)

MalusCalibur
08-10-2010, 17:08
Overall, the old model is the better one. While the head of the new one is nice, I think the loss of the helmet makes her look more generic, and nothing about the new sculpt stands out as an improvement to me.

baphomael
08-10-2010, 17:48
I like both. I really liked the old one, one of the better DE minis and still stood the test of time.

However, the new one is just a brilliant sculpt.

Although, I do agree that the loss of things like the mask make her look a bit too generic. However, I'll still pick one up and I'll probably end up converting her to have a sword and impaler, and sculpt on a mask, as a homage to the old one.

Sildani
09-10-2010, 02:54
I like the new one better. The old one looks at home in a gladiator's arena. The new one looks at home on a battlefield. As for her looking like a generic Wych, well, she's definitely from the "less is more" school. The new Wyches have much more armor/clothing, more varied weapons, and more details. Lelith has her "flawless silken skin", her two "perfectly balanced" knives, and her hair. All her special rules are innate to her, not her wargear, save her coif. She wears less armor than any other Wych. She's the only "normal" character who's barefoot in the game. Her fingernails are described as being honed to a razor's edge and reinforced to act as slashing weapons. She's in a fairly classic "ready" martial stance, whereas the old mini was... prancing about.

She is unique because she is so plain. She has utterly nothing to prove.

In her background, she once decapitated 12 rival Wyches with a single pirouette. Thought that was a nifty touch. Oh, and her rare vids of combat are eagerly traded amongst the more debased Dark Eldar... like they're baseball cards, it seemed to me. Seems she doesn't feel like going to the arena too much anymore, but if an Archon is gearing up to raid someplace... interesting... in realspace, Lelith will just show up in his/her palace with 12 handpicked Bloodbrides, to claim rare trophies for her "private museums".

samiens
09-10-2010, 15:15
But why does the new model have pebbles' hair from the Flintstones?

SgtTaters
09-10-2010, 16:05
If you're into musclegirls and feet, the new model is extremely appealing.

She's more butch in model form and a lot more feminine in artwork. That's generally the case with 40k miniatures though.

epicusmaximus
09-10-2010, 16:58
For me its the overall look of it - the weapons are less clunky looking and the features actually believable. I don't think the old model was that bad though - certainly isn't as bad a Kruellagh the vile (one of many late 90s bad name puns - I blame Chambers)

i blame thorpe, sorry but he did allot of damage to the hobby , n i think they could have renamed kruellagh, i like the model , the old one i liked too n i think ill have both in my force

SgtTaters
09-10-2010, 17:29
i blame thorpe, sorry but he did allot of damage to the hobby , n i think they could have renamed kruellagh, i like the model , the old one i liked too n i think ill have both in my force

the animus vitae is an item any Archon can take now, so Kruellagh is still in, 'renamed' as whatever you want.

Son of Plunder
09-10-2010, 18:02
From that angle GW show her, i think she looks like Miley Cyrus. I don't actually like Miley Cyrus.

Valharik
09-10-2010, 18:23
Its an excellent model from every point of view but Im not really convinced with the fact shes barefooted...thats a bit un-eldar for me.