PDA

View Full Version : 2500 Ogres try to reach the Semi finals

As pretty as a Gnoblar
30-09-2010, 11:56
Hello

So our local league has reached its most important part:The Quarter-finals.This is the only part of the league where one match decided all.Before that we had the group stages and after this we have the playoff that decides the first 3.

This is also the first time we are using 8 edition,so i fully expect a chaotic round,my opponent plays balanced Dwarfs,but i have no idea what he will be bringing.Anyway here is my list:

Tyrant
Heavy Armor
Mawseeker
Tenderiser
Other Trickster Sard
Wyrdstone necklace

Slaughtermaster
Healing Potion
Dispell Scroll
5+ Ward

Bruiser
BSB
Heavy Armor
Cathayan Longsword
Crown Of Command
Mawseeker
Enchanted Shield

Bruiser
Heavy Armor
Cathayan Longsword
Magic Carpet

7x Ironguts(Tyrant)
Bellower
Stadard Bearier
Standard of +1 Movement

7x Bulls(BSB)
bellower
Ironfist
Light Armor

8x Gnoblar Trappers

Scraplauncher

4x Leadbelchers
Bellower

Slavegiant

Gorger

Gorger

Total:2460

So I have 40 points left,anyone has any suggestion what to do with them?

therisnosaurus
30-09-2010, 12:16
I'd grab grut's sickle on the slaughtermaster, drop the Dscroll. I'd also switch the flying bruiser for another butcher, you have enough interference with 2 gorgers, and buffing your big ogre blocks is going to be pretty critical.

dude.sweet101@yahoo.co.uk
30-09-2010, 14:02
Slave giants are rubbish

you need lookout gnoblars to stop your characters getting killed

The flying carpet will get your guy killed really quickly-he can't join units.

Does your opponent know what he's playing against-will he have flaming runes? you can see where that's going.........

split the leadbelchers and go gyrocopter hunting, or just run at his warmachines.

Big a55 blocks of gnoblers (6x 10) will stop the steadfast thing.

Why do you have a scroll vs Stunties?

As pretty as a Gnoblar
30-09-2010, 19:18
Slave giants are rubbish

you need lookout gnoblars to stop your characters getting killed

The flying carpet will get your guy killed really quickly-he can't join units.

Does your opponent know what he's playing against-will he have flaming runes? you can see where that's going.........

split the leadbelchers and go gyrocopter hunting, or just run at his warmachines.

Big a55 blocks of gnoblers (6x 10) will stop the steadfast thing.

Why do you have a scroll vs Stunties?

Look out works with at least 5 models,so if my unit drops to 3 standard guys and a characther,i am screwed anyway.

Is the Flying Carpet guy really too much distraction,because i dont think that the trappers and two gorgers are enough

He know what he is facing,this is the only time we know our opponenets in advance and the only round where we can tailor our lists,but after this tailoring the list stays until the end.

I will split the leadbelchers,it sounds like a good idea

The only way i can reach 2500 is by including either Yhettes or a Slavegiant,and the giant is an awesome firemagnet