PDA

View Full Version : High Elf 2000pt Army

CelticDawn
30-09-2010, 12:40
Thanks to the purchase of two IoB boxes to make my skaven force I have been left with a load of High Elfs to form up as well. Here is my first stab at a High Elf Army using just those models plus a Battalion Box. Any advice on making this list better is much appreciated.

Lord

Prince on Griffon with Armour of Caledor and Lance - 375pts

Heroes

Mage with Talisman of Protection - 110pts

Noble with Battle Standard Bearer, Heavy Armour, Shield, and Hand Weapon - 116pts

Total Hero Cost - 226pts

Core

Archers (18 Strong) with full command - 223pts

Spearmen (19 Strong) with full command - 196pts

Lothern Sea Guard (18 Strong) with Shields and full command - 259pts

Total Core Cost - 678pts

Specials

Sword Masters of Hoeth (16 Strong) with full command - 270pts

Ellyrian Reavers (5 Strong) with Bows and Spears and full command - 133pts

Ellryian Reavers (5 Strong) with Bows and Spears and full command - 133pts

Tiranoc Chariot - 85pts

Total Special Cost - 621pts

Rare

Repeater Bolt Thrower - 100pts

Total Force Cost - 2000pts

Premise is that the Battle Standard Bearer joins the Spearmen who support the Sword Masters of Hoeth, the Chariot and the Prince as the main attacking force, the Mage joins the Archers who are supported by the Repeater Bolt Thrower and the Lothern Sea Guard who provide support, while the Reavers run the flanks.

Any and all help appreciated with this list and the rudimentary tactics.

Pulstar
30-09-2010, 14:45
I like the list, but it's a bit light on magic for 2K.

Bumping the mage to level 2 for 35 points is a good idea. If you take high magic then the +3 (+1 for HE, +2 for level) to display and drain magic may be enough magic defense.

Trying to work in a second lv2 mage w/ Silver wand (145 pts), at the cost of the Full command on the Reavers and dropping your core from 3 med size units to two larger units would give you even more to do in the magic phase.

grhino
30-09-2010, 15:49
Good basic list, nothing wrong with it. Very effective use of the models at your disposal...

Would you not prefer a Lion Chariot though? It is a lot more effective than a Tiranoc Chariot and looks better as well. Just get rid of some archers to make room pointswise...

D'Haran
30-09-2010, 16:02
Don't need to take High Magic for the extra +1 now. I agree with Pulstar on not enough magic, if all you take is one mage get the lvl 2 and take a scroll or the crystal as you'll need the magic defense.

You have too many points in core, HE special choices are far superior so your goal should be minimalizing core, not taking an extra 100-200 extra points in it. With the extra points I'd take another hammer unit, RBT, or making your magic phase better.