PDA

View Full Version : stegadons

Lemonbrick
01-10-2010, 10:09
Im looking into a new army and really like the steg model,

could a army with lots of stegs in it work ?

I know individually they are not well thought of any more but I'm thinking
more like about 5-6 of them supported by some core saurus or skinks?

Cheers

Lemonbrick

scarvet
01-10-2010, 11:34
It will work against anything that doesn't have cannons or powerful magic.
I would even said they are better for their point values now as regiments they engaged is much closer to their own cost.
Don't scare to dance around for a turn or two, sometime waiting for Sauras to catch up alone is more than enough reason to do it.

And I would only Engine of the Gods if you are not planning for a Slann.

Lemonbrick
01-10-2010, 12:24
cool ;) I like the sound of getting stuck in quickly

I was not planning on having a slann normally (though I have one and love the model)
as every man and his dog seems to have a lore of life slann (Though I can see why !)

I was thinking I could kind of shelter the EOTG behind the other stegs as they push forwards.

and use some skink skirmishers to push away enemy flankers ?

Malorian
01-10-2010, 13:33
I was thinking I could kind of shelter the EOTG behind the other stegs as they push forwards.

Please don't line up your stegs for the cannons, they have an easy enough job as it is :p

I find that stegadons do just fine, and actually the best thing to do when facing cannons is get them into combat as soon as possible.

Being stubborn with the general's leadership will mean they can easily hold up the opponent until your troops can join, and in the mean time their stomp attacks will knock off a rank or two and allow you to easily break them.

If the opponent doesn't have cannons then you can dance around more and coordinate your attack.