PDA

View Full Version : Warhammer series recomendations.

ChrisMurray
01-10-2010, 11:49
Hi everyone. I have never read a Black Library Warhammer book. I've always stuck to the 40k side. However I am now crossing over and hoping to read from both. I have just ordered the whole Gotrex and felix series. I was also wondering whether the time of legends series was any good and the Malus darkblade books too.

reds8n
01-10-2010, 12:09
Yes and yes.:)

One you've gotten into/through the G & f series -- and assuming you like those of course ! -- I'd maybe suggest having a look at the Grey Seer books and/or "Bloodborn" as well.

ChrisMurray
01-10-2010, 14:05
Thanks, I've heard good things about the Grey Seer book. So assuming the G&F goes down nicely I think that will be up next.

reds8n
01-10-2010, 18:09
You're more than welcome.

I think you'll enjoy the F & G books.. make sure you, at least, get to Giantkiller before starting on either of the spinoff series.

I also am a big fan of the Blackhearts series too, might be worth checking out -- same author as the later G & F books. I would also point you towards "Sword of Justice" by Chris Wraight as well.:cool:

Xhalax
01-10-2010, 22:29
I LOVE Malus Darkblade. I'd definitely say 'YES!' to getting them.

Time of Legends....the Sundering has definitely been my favourite so far.....yup, I love Dark Elves. I've enjoyed the other two, but I've found the Sigmar series quite weighty and I have the urge to punch Sigmar for being such a burke. And the Nagash series, although very picturesque in it's telling seems to suffer from the same weight as Sigmar.

Mr.Pink
02-10-2010, 11:41
I like the G&F books and i beg to differ and say that i like the series more since Nathan Long took over, but anyway i love all of their books so i recommend them.
Recently i read Ulrika-Bloodborn too and even tho it started a bit meh, it turned out great, recommended too.
From the ToL books i love the Sundering books so far, finding the rest not too much to my taste, but i will get God King when it's out.
Hope you enjoy your venture in the fantasy world :)

Nemesis7884
07-10-2010, 18:06
i loved the thanquol books...hmmm a new rat ogre...how could i call you..hmm..let's see...i know - BONERIPPER...lol... i love it how curses something like - only the dumbest idiot would do that, and then few seconds later after he was lucky he's like - aaaa of course that was the right decision from a brilliant mind like mine...thats very funny especially in the second book

greensentinel7
11-10-2010, 01:24
Blackhearts Trilogy - Nathan Long
The Witch Hunter Trilogy - C.L. Werner
Sword of Justice - Chris Wraight

Xhalax
11-10-2010, 13:54
Sword of Justice - Chris Wraight

I'm in the midst of starting this one....I'm only 20 pages in but it's showing promise so far.