PDA

View Full Version : 3000 Lizardmen (PAINT LIST)

ArmyC
01-10-2010, 14:49
Updated

I am going to paint a 3000 pt. Lizardman army. I want to focus on one army to get painted up over the next 30 days or so. I own a ton of Lizardmen, but I want to focus my painting efforts just on this list.

Look at the list and also the other models I have available. Help me come up with the list I should paint.

My list:
Slann Mage-Priest @ 460 pts Lore of Light (General; BSB; Exorcism) (Bane Head, Cupped Hands, Focus of Mystery, The Focused Rumination, Becalming Cognition, Haunchi's Blessed Totem)

Skink Priest @ 115 pts (Dispel Scroll, Opel Amulet)

20 Temple Guard @ 400 pts - FC, Banner of Eternal Flame

25 Saurus Warriors @ 298 pts - FC

25 Saurus Warriors @ 318 pts - FC, Spears

1 Ancient Stegadon @ 275

1 Stegadon @235

10 Skink Skirmishers @ 70 pts (BP)

16 Skinks, 2 Krox @ 204 pts (FC, Jav)

16 Skinks, 2 Krox @ 204 pts (FC, Jav)

8 Cameleon Skinks @ 96 pts

8 Cameleon Skinks @ 96 pts

3 Terradon Rider @ 90 pts

I am using Light to buff my units and compensate for their weaknesses. I will try to snipe enemy charactures with magic missle spells, with Bane Head doing double wounds. The list has a little speed, a little shooting, good magic, and excellent hammer and anvil units.

Here are the remaining models in my collection. Choose substitutions from here.
2 Kroxigors, 1 Terradon, 20 Temple Guard, 64 Saurus, 31 Saurus w/spears, 18 Cold One Cav, 10 Skink Skirmishers, 1 Stegadons EOTG, 2 Scar Vets on CoC, Chakax, Gor-Rok, Krog-Gar, 1 Skink Priests, 2 Skink Chiefs, 3 Razordons w/ 12 handlers, 4 cameleon skinks

PLEASE DO NOT TELL ME TO BUY SALAMANDERS. I understand their worth, but don't want to buy anything right now.

N810
01-10-2010, 15:03
Not sure if this is a tournament wining list...
but you problay won't finish last with this either.

anyway it looks like a good set of models to start painting on,
you will probaly use most of thes models in most list.

Vsurma
01-10-2010, 18:30
Do NOT put a slann into a templeguard unit without the cupped hands, you WILL kill your own unit, that is just how it works, part of the reason why people like the lore of life so much.

Cupped hands man, take it. It works quite well with your bane head as well.
Consider becalming cognition on the slann, it is amazing.

I would add a COC model into each unit, as it is you lose the look out sir after a single death, I think your characters might live longer if you have another model.

If you are taking such large units of saurus (I like 24 strong myself) I would take spears. The extra 6 S4 attacks are worth losing the 6+ ward.

With the way this edition works, your opponent won't run until they lose their steadfast, spears will make this happen faster.

The COC can take magic banners, 10pts for the flaming banner is a sweet deal.
Huanchi for 25pts isn't bad either.
Banner of dicipline is nice also for 10pts.

I like to take a scroll caddy but its optional. 90 points for a lv1 skink priest.

If your slann fails to cast then it can throw what dice is left at the -1 to hit spell which isn't bad at all. If you manage to dispel a dwellers, purple sun, pit, gateway etc the 90pts will have been well spent.

A scroll combined with cognition is amazing as your opponent cannot cast with IF so you can always dispel that spell you want. (it also makes it almost impossible to cast large spells like dwellers from long range or the large pit or purple sun)

Be sure to write us a report and let us know how the cavalry works out.

D'Haran
01-10-2010, 19:38
Not a bad list, no salamanders and only 1 slann though (and the one w/o cupped hands). It's obvious you're not going for cheese, but at the same time these are some of the major elements preventing me from voting to paint it. Also no stegos, sniff.

ArmyC
01-10-2010, 20:37
I have updated the list to include 2 stegs, cameleons, and a skink priest. CoC seem to get no love. Hey it will be easier to paint one steg than 6 CoC.

Vsurma
02-10-2010, 08:08
Why the razor standard? it's terribly expensive and the unit already has S5 attacks. If you could take it in a unit of saurus with spears then that would be awsome as they hate 1+ save knights, The templeguard not so much.

What units do you see that being worth the 45pts you pay for it? (that said I haven't tried it myself, I always go for the banner of eternal flame as its cheaper and really helps vs hydras, aboms etc. Units that no other in your army (or mine) can really take out except the TG, so they tend to end up in combat with them.

Ruby ring seems pointless, your slann already has 2 magic missiles.

ArmyC
02-10-2010, 19:50
Updated

Ban of Et Flame on TG. Opel Amulet on Skink Priest (4+ ward on 1st wound) 1 extra Saurus in each unit, making 2 5x5 units.