PDA

View Full Version : Common magic items

Mooseman007
02-10-2010, 02:31
Alright my friend told me today that because the dispell scrol is an acrane item in the big rulebook then I can not take infernal puppet on the same caster because they are both acrane items.

But I thought I could take a dispel scroll from my common magic items listed in the WOC army book.

Shield of Freedom
02-10-2010, 02:47
The rules that you can stack scrolls, or even that the dispel scroll can be taken multiple times are gone. It was in the 7th edition book. 8Th edition does not make that distinction anymore.

You can only take one of each type of item you're allowed to take, so long as you stay under you points allowence.

So for most characters it means:

One weapon, one armor, one talisman, one enchanted item

For wizards: The above and one arcane item.

a BSB of course can carry a magic standard. However this is allowed by the individual army books, and not the rule book.

To make a long post short (sorry). No, you can no longer take Infenal puppet (arcane item) and a Dispel Scroll (arcane item). At least not on the same character. Also, you can't have more than one Dispel Scroll in the entire army.

Synnister
02-10-2010, 03:25
To make a long post short (sorry). No, you can no longer take Infenal puppet (arcane item) and a Dispel Scroll (arcane item). At least not on the same character. Also, you can't have more than one Dispel Scroll in the entire army.

This is the part you want. And it's right.

magicmonkey
04-10-2010, 21:47
this also ruins my plan of power scroll and cupped hands on a slaan. damn.

Lyynark
04-10-2010, 22:09
And it's a good thing, there are enough silly combos out there as it is.