PDA

View Full Version : First ever fantasy army help!!

meddy
03-10-2010, 08:18
I've been playing 40k for a while now and have been meaning to start fantasy. i really have taken to Bretts but i hate the idea of an all cavalry army.
so would this be viable:
2 units of 40 m@a
3 units of 10 archers
2 trebs

that would be the main line i think, and the other points would be spents on knights...

meddy
03-10-2010, 08:19
Oh, and i've heard talk about a "prayer icon". what does ths do?

bluemage
03-10-2010, 13:32
How many points are we talking about. It would help if you write up a list. But I would add to your list the required bsb, and then some damsels with probably lore of beasts. Use the signature spell to boost the stats on your men-at-arms in order to get them to hurt things better and take less wounds. I think mostly peasant bret armies can work.

Durloth
03-10-2010, 15:33
Going for a Brettonnian infantry anrmy isn`t going to make your life easy, by any means, but is absolutely viable. Just take the mandatory unit of KotR, without putting many points into them and use them as support. Place all your characters on foot in your M@A units and take advantage of your cheapo 30" bowfire coupled with as many Trebs as you can fit within the rare restrictions.

I haven`t faced an army like that since 6th ed. but back then it was actually not that shabby...