PDA

View Full Version : Skaven Army 1500

Redclaw06
03-10-2010, 16:17
Title says it all. I am new to Skaven (fornmer WE player) and have drawn up my first 1500 point list. Any thoughts, insights, comments, or strategies are welcome.

General Thoughts:

The area I play with is very war machine heavy. Hence the two Gutter Runners units. The Poisoned Wind Mortars are for high armor save cavalry and high toughness.

Warlord
Amulet of Protection , Enchanted Shield , Warlock-Augmented Weapon
Heroes

Warlock Engineer
Warplock pistol
Warp-Energy Condenser , Dispel Scroll
Level two Wizard

Chieftain
Halberd
Armor of the Silvered Steel , Luckstone
Battle Standard Bearer

Core

Clan Rat X 40
Spear
Shield
Musician , Standard Bearer

Clan Rat X 30
Shield
Poisoned Wind Mortar

Clan Rat X 30
Shield
Poisoned Wind Mortar

Special
Rat Ogres X2
Packmaster X1

Rat Ogres X2
Packmaster X1

Gutter Runners X6
Slings
Poison

Gutter Runners X6
Slings
Poison

Total Models: 143
Total Points: 1488
Points of Lord: 182 (1)
Points on Heroes: 275 (2)
Points on Core: 636 (122)
Points on Special: 392(18)
Points on Rare: 0 (0)
Stamina: 5

spriten
06-10-2010, 11:39
I would lose either the scroll or condenser on the engineer, and add the death globe or doomrocket. The former is more reliable, while the potential of the Rocket is huge. The Ironcurse Icon will also be very helpful if you play against lot of warmachines.

Speaking of which, I would also try to incorporate the Storm Banner. It will negate half of the enemy warmachines for at least a turn.

To achieve this you could remove the biggest unit of clan rats. For those points (and the twelve you lack), you could add 20+ Stormvermin/plague monks with the banner, or ten Stormvermin and 46 slaves.

I'd go for the slaves, as they're great for holding up elites you don't want to fight, and you can still shoot into the close combat with the mortars.

Hope this will help you a little :)