PDA

View Full Version : Ogre Rhinox Cavalry

Pavulon
04-10-2010, 05:43
Since these models are made by forgeworld, they don't show up in the new rulebook as far as their classification. Does anybody know if they get a stomp or thunderstomp? I'm fairly sure they should at least get a stomp. If they get a thunderstomp, I want some for sure.

Da Crusha
04-10-2010, 06:10
at a tournament a guy was using them and asked the judge before the tournament since it isn't addressed. the judge said to give them D3 thunderstomp instead of D6.

Yrrdead
04-10-2010, 06:20
They aren't covered by any "official" rules. Their forgeworld rule set hasn't been updated. Therefore you are going to have to come to some agreement with your opponent.

Or as Da Crusha mentioned with a Tournament Organizer.

My first 8th Edition tournament had a guy with a unit of them. The bastardized rules that he was using were very over the top.

Lazarian
04-10-2010, 07:47
Well what we have been playing is stomp for the baby Rhinoxen and thunderstomp for Bull Rhinoxen. its seemed reasonable since you approach 200 points after upgrades if you want the big guys and the small ones cant be more than a single stomp. The games weve played its not caused an issue ruling it this way.

edit- monstrous cav for the normal and monster for the bull rhinoxen sorry didnt answer the question fully

Pavulon
04-10-2010, 18:06
Stomp for the rhinox, and Thunderstomp for the Bull Rhinox seems pretty fair, or at least in line with the points of other things that get thunderstomp. 100 pts is a bit much for 1 stomp and 200pts is a tad on the low side for a thunderstomp, so it probably evens out. Granted Slave giants and Hydras get a thunderstomp for even less points. I think this is what i'll try to convince my gaming group into trying first.