PDA

View Full Version : UFC 120: Does anyone care?

SiNNiX
04-10-2010, 07:49
So this just seems like an all-around terrible card. Bisping is going to embarrass Akiyama and none of the other fights are too interesting. Any thoughts or insight on this? Any interesting background on some of the particular fights?

SiNNiX
17-10-2010, 01:58
So it appears that not only did nobody care about this event, but it was terribly boring as well.

Congrats to Bisping, though.

Fugazi
18-10-2010, 23:19
Haha, I guess not.

I didn't care before the fight. I thought the card was weak, like you mentioned. The Bisping fight was a bit of a letdown. But I got into the fights once the event started. Overall, there were some interesting fights, but now that I look back, nothing sticks out...so maybe it was more boring than I want to admit.

SiNNiX
19-10-2010, 01:25
Haha, I guess not.

I didn't care before the fight. I thought the card was weak, like you mentioned. The Bisping fight was a bit of a letdown. But I got into the fights once the event started. Overall, there were some interesting fights, but now that I look back, nothing sticks out...so maybe it was more boring than I want to admit.

The Dan Hardy fight was exciting, but I seriously think that was pure luck by Carlos Condit. Although he lost, I find Dan Hardy to be the better fighter. The Bisping fight was good, but I wish he'd go for the finish more. He's a very tactical fighter in terms of making sure he scores the most points. I think he chooses not to go for finishes because he wants to make sure he has plenty of energy and all that good stuff, and he's very good about scoring his points.

Also, Akiyama has alot to work on.

Fugazi
19-10-2010, 02:17
I like Hardy too, and was disappointed to see him go down. I think he's one of the more interesting personalities in the sport.

Bisping...I dunno. I've rooted hard for this guy, but I really don't think his stand-up game has improved much in a while. He's good about out-pointing his opponent, but he always circles left (to his opponent's power hand). It's what got him nailed by Henderson and he's lucky Akiyama was off his game. (Seriously, I don't know what Akiyama's gameplan was.)

gwarsh41
21-10-2010, 15:58
I used to occasionally watch it when it came on.. now I dont have cable, so I dont really care. Sorry!

starlight
23-10-2010, 04:50
In a word...?

No.