PDA

View Full Version : Rider Stomps?

SiNNiX
04-10-2010, 07:56
Why does it specify in the Chariot section that the rider doesn't get to make Stomp attacks? When would the rider be able to make Stomp attacks? Is there any situation where a model with the Stomp special rule would be riding a monster? Because even if a model with the Stomp special rule was riding a monstrous beast or monstrous cavalry, the whole model would count as such anyway.

It's just odd that it specifies that the rider won't be able to make Stomp attacks. I don't have the BRB next to me, but the quote is something to the effect of "[The chariot can't make Stomp attacks]... the riders are too busy restraining the mount, and the mount is too busy being restrained by the riders."

Lazarian
04-10-2010, 08:05
Why does it specify in the Chariot section that the rider doesn't get to make Stomp attacks? When would the rider be able to make Stomp attacks? Is there any situation where a model with the Stomp special rule would be riding a monster? Because even if a model with the Stomp special rule was riding a monstrous beast or monstrous cavalry, the whole model would count as such anyway.

It's just odd that it specifies that the rider won't be able to make Stomp attacks. I don't have the BRB next to me, but the quote is something to the effect of "[The chariot can't make Stomp attacks]... the riders are too busy restraining the mount, and the mount is too busy being restrained by the riders."

I think this was placed just to be clear. Obviously non monster characters do not get to stop, only their mounts do per se. Monstrous things get to stomp, chariots are kinda big, so to avoid confusion they just reiterate that chariot models dont get to grind things to make bread or some such oddity.

SiNNiX
04-10-2010, 08:31
Yeah I just thought it was odd that they even put it in there unless they had plans for a situation to come up where a character with Stomp would ride a Monster. :p

Adran
04-10-2010, 09:26
Currently there is a rat ogre riding a screaming bell, which is the only one I can think of thats close.
But There is talk of Ogres riding Rhinoxes, or Rhinox chariots, so worth them putting the rules in just in case...

Atrahasis
04-10-2010, 09:34
Rhinox chariots already exist. They have scraplaunchers on the back of them.

Adran
04-10-2010, 15:03
Well yes, but currently Gnoblars don't get the stomp rule....
I meant Ogres riding Rhinox chariots

SiNNiX
04-10-2010, 16:47
I can't wait for Tomb Kings to come out... Ushabti riding Bone Giants!