PDA

View Full Version : Multiple buffs and standards

ArmyC
04-10-2010, 15:26
Can a unit be affected by 2 magic banners if both the SB and the BSB are in the unit?

Can a unit be affected by multiple RIP affects. Like can I cast 2 spells on one unit friend or enemy that affect their stats etc?

theunwantedbeing
04-10-2010, 15:28
Yup, neat huh?

Thundergod
04-10-2010, 15:54
i would imagine a unit could be affected positively and negatively by any number of magic standards, depending on the rules of each standard. I see no reason why a Dwarf unit, for example, could not be under the influence of a master rune of Stromni Redbeard (+1 combat rez to all dwarf units within 12", a master rune of Grungni (5+ shooting ward save to all units within 6"), in addition to any runic (or magical for other races) standard it carries. It could then be further affected by a Demonic icon of despair, (-2 to leadership within 12") and any spells in play.

SiNNiX
04-10-2010, 17:58
This is how a Dwarf player can put MRune of Stromni Redbeard with a Rune of Battle and have the SB carry another Rune of Battle. Static +3 to combat before factoring in bonus for BSB and SB and all that jazz.

P.S.: Just so you know, you can have two separate Runes of Battle in the same unit and they'll be cumulative. They just won't have any additional effect if on the same unit. Just in case you've been avoiding the beautiful combination.

Thundergod
04-10-2010, 20:23
ooh yeah, that is a fun one, on the other hand a runic banner on the bsb leaves him naked as all get out for armor. I've shelved all the neat bsb banner combos in exchange for runic armor to keep him alive.

Still, back on topic, it is fairly easy to have a unit under multiple banner and spell effects, with regards to question #2 in the OP, i believe lore o shadow might be the ticket you are looking for.

SiNNiX
04-10-2010, 22:56
ooh yeah, that is a fun one, on the other hand a runic banner on the bsb leaves him naked as all get out for armor. I've shelved all the neat bsb banner combos in exchange for runic armor to keep him alive.

Yeah, I usually give him the 5+ ward save runic standard as well as Stromni Redbeard and Rune of Battle. T5, 4+ armour and 5+ ward isn't too bad of protection. Better than most BSB's.