PDA

View Full Version : How important is a bsb?

BaSe
04-10-2010, 15:34
Ok to some this may seem a silly question but to a noob like me, it's well not :). I plan to take a khorne woc army (plus 2 magic users). They pass all leadership tests except break tests (or until they loose frenzy). So with this in mind could I happily survive without s bsb?

scarvet
04-10-2010, 15:41
The fact that BSB is just an Exchamp+25pts is good enough for me.

EDIT: I missed those Lv2, they better be sacrificed in every battle :D

Brother Captain Lucian
04-10-2010, 15:48
Ok to some this may seem a silly question but to a noob like me, it's well not :). I plan to take a khorne woc army (plus 2 magic users). They pass all leadership tests except break tests (or until they loose frenzy). So with this in mind could I happily survive without s bsb?

Blasphemy! :evilgrin:

Anyway i wouldn't leave home without a BSB, its worth the 25points more on your exalted.

Tae
04-10-2010, 15:53
You could run without a BSB. Not just in your army but in general.

But the question is, why bother? It's 25 points and, especially for WoC, carries no restrictions on equipment. 25 points for a re-roll against a test that could, if failed, result in your unit being completely destroyed is an utter bargain if you ask me.

BaSe
04-10-2010, 15:58
The reason I'm thinking this (which might explain why I'm asking in the 1st place) is being a khorne army I really want a Lord as it just feels right. My plan was then to have 2 lvl 2's and leave that for my big boys choices. Again it maybe me being new but I hate using too many points on heroes. Just can't seem to fit everything I want in a 2400 army.

Vsurma
04-10-2010, 16:01
It is only 25 points if you already have a hero to carry it, if your not using any then the cost tends to rise to about 150pts.

Still almost every game you play you will benefit from the BSB.

Just go look at the armylist section of the forum and see if you can find any lists without a BSB, they are that good.

theorox
04-10-2010, 16:01
I bet the cost for upgrading to BSB will be higher in all 8th edition armybooks! Anyone wants to bet against?

Anyway, i would have answered if it wasn't for you having sorcerers in a Khorne army...unless you have a decent fluff-explaination! :evilgrin:

Theo

BaSe
04-10-2010, 16:15
I bet the cost for upgrading to BSB will be higher in all 8th edition armybooks! Anyone wants to bet against?

Anyway, i would have answered if it wasn't for you having sorcerers in a Khorne army...unless you have a decent fluff-explaination! :evilgrin:

Theo

Erm well u see a khorne warrior fell over a hurt his knee and they needed the sorcerer to bandage him up.
Ur right to be fair. I know Khorne should be magic free I'm just too scared to do that. I suppose the answer could be 1 lvl 2, the bsb and a lord. That would make this question fairly pointless too ;). Thanks for the advice.

DaemonReign
04-10-2010, 16:31
I think the relevance of the BsB depends largely on what army you are playing.

I've neglected to use a BsB with VC and DoC on occassion and found that I did just as well without those re-rolls and really just saved me a heap of points for other sweet things..

If I was playing Empire or Dwarves, for example, I would probably never "leave home" without one though - definately not in 8th Ed anyways.

Thundergod
04-10-2010, 16:36
Always a bsb. Take one. Always. And if your opponent has one? Kill it.
**edit** (well, maybe not for VC since it runs a little differently, but otherwise? YES.)

scarvet
04-10-2010, 16:49
Even for VC BSB is god send: 25pts come straight back once it saved 4 Ghouls.

Mid'ean
04-10-2010, 16:58
In a VC army it's the only way to be able to carry the Drak banner.....

russellmoo
05-10-2010, 00:05
What are you getting for your 25pts- weigh that against the odds of failing a LD check and what you would stand to lose from not having a reroll- For a khorne list it does give you a weakness, but if you are going to go without a BSB that would probably be the army to do it with- that or Lizzardmen.

kaubin
05-10-2010, 00:28
Doesn't chaos already get free rerolls? Could just be me remembering my opponents special rules wrong...

bluemage
05-10-2010, 00:54
They get rerolls for panic, because in the past they would get shot at and run off the board. As for the original question, yes you can get by without a bsb, but you'll have to adjust your playstyle to compensate. As in don't enter any fights you won't lose.

Kirasu
05-10-2010, 03:12
What are you getting for your 25pts- weigh that against the odds of failing a LD check and what you would stand to lose from not having a reroll- For a khorne list it does give you a weakness, but if you are going to go without a BSB that would probably be the army to do it with- that or Lizzardmen.

lizardmen always have a BSB if theyre using a slann (which almost everyone does)

Roark
05-10-2010, 06:20
Always take a BSB. Rerolls to all leadership tests? Even the spell-generated tests? Yes please.

CauCaSus
05-10-2010, 20:37
Two great uses for a BSB in Khorne armies:

Re-roll tests to march when within 8" of an enemy

Re-roll tests so you don't have to charge re-director units or units that are too far away for you to easily reach.

BaSe
05-10-2010, 21:02
Two great uses for a BSB in Khorne armies:

Re-roll tests to march when within 8" of an enemy

Re-roll tests so you don't have to charge re-director units or units that are too far away for you to easily reach.

Good point about the re-roll for charging due to frenzy. Never thought of that. Thanks.

decker_cky
06-10-2010, 05:08
Even for undead, it's probably worth it to reroll failed swift reforms (on top of saved wounds, ability to take the banner and +1 CR). I've found even relatively high leadership armies can get all crossed up when they have a bad roll on a swift reform.

eyescrossed
06-10-2010, 05:55
Erm well u see a khorne warrior fell over a hurt his knee and they needed the sorcerer to bandage him up.

...They bandage people up? :eyebrows:

BaSe
06-10-2010, 07:23
...They bandage people up? :eyebrows:

Ur right to question how silly of me they can't use the life lore.

Wyrmnax
06-10-2010, 17:52
Sorcerers are good in a all khorne army. Just keep them running in front of your army the way you need your army to go. Your bloodthirst savages wont start fighting each other as long as they have a target close by...