PDA

View Full Version : Steadfast roll can be modified negatively?

SiNNiX
04-10-2010, 18:14
So with the Errata's change to the wording, Steadfast and Stubborn rolls can be modified negatively?

Page 60 – Steadfast
Change “[...]can use its unmodified Leadership[...]” to “[...]doesn’t apply the difference in combat result scores[...]”.
Change both references to “[...] any enemy units [...]” to “[...] all enemy units [...]”.

I don't have my BRB with me, so I can't really research this right now.

What happens when a Stubborn unit is within range for Great Icon of Despair's -2 Leadership penalty?

What happens when a Stubborn unit that is within range for its General's IP is also within range for Great Icon of Despair's -2 Leadership penalty?

Korraz
04-10-2010, 18:20
What You Read Is What You Get.

"Combat Result Scores", nothing else is ignored.

The second one is tricky...but I'd take the 8th Edition Approach: The player whos turn it is, get's to decide. The reason is, that both are more or less buffs that are applied continously. Unit recieves -2 on LD, Unit gets IP, then -2, then Swaps for IP and so on and so on.

Makrar
04-10-2010, 19:11
Generally you work out the units ld without negative modifiers then add the negative modifiers in (I think) based on past faqs

But without the rulebook to hand I couldnt say for sure

So to both your questions I would play at -2 LD (Assuming the unit in the 2nd example is also in range of the -2 ld banner, otherwise no)

Kevlar
04-10-2010, 22:29
Yes steadfast can be negatively modified. Or positively modified. Just not by combat results. (flanking, casualties, etc.)

SiNNiX
04-10-2010, 22:50
That's crazy... Stubborn Ld can be modified! I never thought I'd see the day. Maybe they'll make Undead immune to poison again! :)

DaemonReign
05-10-2010, 00:26
So with the Errata's change to the wording, Steadfast and Stubborn rolls can be modified negatively?

I don't have my BRB with me, so I can't really research this right now.

What happens when a Stubborn unit is within range for Great Icon of Despair's -2 Leadership penalty?

What happens when a Stubborn unit that is within range for its General's IP is also within range for Great Icon of Despair's -2 Leadership penalty?

This is in the DoC Errata as far as I can tell..

In both your examples the Ld of the unit would be effected with the -2.

This particular Icon is just tons of fun because it will reduce your Ld which-ever way you happen to be within its range..

The unit taking the test Not within range, but within range of general that is within range - minus 2 to his IP. And vice versa. There's no escape.

Something tells me The Great Icon of Despair needs a price-increase with the next AB. hehe 'Cause these days I find that if I'm gonna bother taking a BsB to begin with this Icon is a dead given.. And that's just not right.

SiNNiX
05-10-2010, 00:44
Something tells me The Great Icon of Despair needs a price-increase with the next AB. hehe 'Cause these days I find that if I'm gonna bother taking a BsB to begin with this Icon is a dead given.. And that's just not right.

Oh yeah, definitely worth way more than 75 points, but that doesn't stop me from taking it every single time. :)

DaemonReign
05-10-2010, 01:05
Oh yeah, definitely worth way more than 75 points, but that doesn't stop me from taking it every single time. :)

I don't know about "way more".

You could take 25 points from the Standard of Chaos Glory and add those to the Icon of Despair (making both cost 100 points) and that would roughly be balanced I think.