PDA

View Full Version : Giant giant spider?

Lord Dan
05-10-2010, 04:26
So I was flipping through my pocket edition of the rulebook and came across something interesting:

On page ix in the introduction there is a picture of a large Orc and Goblin army. At the very back of the picture, next to a big orc-head rock, there is what looks like a 3-up of the plastic giant spider model. I can't make it out very well but it appears to have a howdah and a bunch of goblins on it...

So is it a clever 3-up conversion, or perhaps a sneak peak of something big coming?

Urgat
05-10-2010, 04:47
Dan, Dan, Dan... it's been discussed to death many times already. Everybody who flipped through their book (pocket edition or not) seem to think they're the first one to spot it and nobody else whatched the pics :p
It's a 3-up of the giant spiders (giant being the kind the same size as the giant wolves).

Oglog
05-10-2010, 17:18
If I had a pound for each time I have seen this...

It was first seen in white dwarf a few years ago, and it just what urgat said.

Lord Dan
05-10-2010, 18:07
My bad. It seems the search function failed me this time...

Tae
05-10-2010, 20:45
May I recommend 'searching' through the O&G thread in the rumour forum, specifically looking for mentions of Arachnarok (sp).

Lord Dan
05-10-2010, 22:51
May I recommend 'searching' through the O&G thread in the rumour forum, specifically looking for mentions of Arachnarok (sp).

Well there's certainly no need to do that now, but thank you.

Tae
06-10-2010, 16:31
That wasn't intended as a snide comment, I was genuinely recommending you have a read through that thread and look for the mentioning of the Arachnarok.

Not because it relates to the model you asked about (though that model is mentioned several times) but because it relates to a similar model that is due for release at the next O&G release. Which I thought if you liked the 3up spider you would be interested in hearing about :)

Malorian
06-10-2010, 17:12
GW would be wise to stop 'hiding' these false models in pictures anyway as it just starts a frenzy that doesn't help them in the end...

"Wow did you see that awesome model in that picture?"

"Yeah it was amazing!"

"I'd love to have it! I wonder when it's coming out?"

"Yeah I'd buy it in a second! Lets look it up!"

*They go on Warseer*

"It's just a 3-up! WTF!!!"

"Well why don't they release cool models like that?"

"Because... *insert negative trash talk of GW here*"

Lord Dan
06-10-2010, 17:41
That wasn't intended as a snide comment, I was genuinely recommending you have a read through that thread and look for the mentioning of the Arachnarok.

Not because it relates to the model you asked about (though that model is mentioned several times) but because it relates to a similar model that is due for release at the next O&G release. Which I thought if you liked the 3up spider you would be interested in hearing about :)

Sorry about that, I was feeling a little flustered. Thanks for the tip, and I'll definately check that out.

eron12
06-10-2010, 18:11
What's a 3-up model?

ulruk headsplitter
06-10-2010, 18:16
it's a model 3 times as big, it has something to do with the making the mold or something i believe (they had a full bsfp 3-up set at gamesday with 3-up dice and rulebook once)

btw, what's the thing to the above/right of the spider? (not the orc skull, that's obvious)

Ender Shadowkin
06-10-2010, 19:43
GW would be wise to stop 'hiding' these false models in pictures anyway as it just starts a frenzy that doesn't help them in the end...

"Wow did you see that awesome model in that picture?"

"Yeah it was amazing!"

"I'd love to have it! I wonder when it's coming out?"

"Yeah I'd buy it in a second! Lets look it up!"

*They go on Warseer*

"It's just a 3-up! WTF!!!"

"Well why don't they release cool models like that?"

"Because... *insert negative trash talk of GW here*"

To the contrary, getting people to talk about their products is a good thing and builds buzz. Even all those negative folks still stick around year after year posting and buying stuff ;)

In generall I like them showing unreleased stuff and encourageing conversions. Makes Warhammer more about "what could be" than only what "is"

Malorian
06-10-2010, 19:47
To the contrary, getting people to talk about their products is a good thing and builds buzz. Even all those negative folks still stick around year after year posting and buying stuff ;)

In generall I like them showing unreleased stuff and encourageing conversions. Makes Warhammer more about "what could be" than only what "is"

Buzz is good but it should be over REAL models.

Hidden models would be the best way for them to handle sneak peaks rather than inculde models that they never intend to produce thus frustrating those that want it.

R-Love
08-10-2010, 01:05
btw, what's the thing to the above/right of the spider? (not the orc skull, that's obvious)

It would appear to be some form of squig chariot.