PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Ogres Weapons in 8th

CaliforniaGamer
05-10-2010, 04:42
Can anyone summarize if there is any change given the special weapon rules in 8th edition for Dragon Ogres?

In 7th you could dual equip them with extra hand weapons AND great weapons and pick which can opener better suited the combat.

Is that gone now?

WLBjork
05-10-2010, 05:15
As I read it, you must use the great weapon in preference to the hand weapons.

So yes, it is gone.

Chris_
05-10-2010, 05:20
Yes, if you buy GW you need to use it.

Yrrdead
05-10-2010, 05:42
AHW would be classified as a special weapon.
Great Weapons are also classified as a special weapon.

Per pg 89 Two Special Close Combat Weapons.
You can pick which one you are using prior to the start of combat.

So I would say no its not gone.

Chris_
05-10-2010, 06:01
Read a little bit further:

"A model can't, however, wield a brace of pistols or additional hand weapon alongside another typ of special weapon..." Pg. 89 So you are actually not allowed to equip them with both GW and AHW.

Yrrdead
05-10-2010, 07:22
I could be misinterpreting but that passage just indicates that you don't receive an additional attack with another special weapon. IE +1 Attack with a GW or Halberd or Morningstar.

Not that you aren't allowed to be equipped with both just that you can't use both at the same time.

T10
05-10-2010, 07:30
Read a little bit further:

"A model can't, however, wield a brace of pistols or additional hand weapon alongside another typ of special weapon..." Pg. 89 So you are actually not allowed to equip them with both GW and AHW.

Of mildly humorous value: Since you can't have a hand weapon and an additional hand weapon (i.e. two hand weapons) if you have a special weapon (e.g. two hand weapons), all models fighting with two hand weapons are breaking the rules...

-T10

Chris_
05-10-2010, 07:30
I could be misinterpreting but that passage just indicates that you don't receive an additional attack with another special weapon. IE +1 Attack with a GW or Halberd or Morningstar.

Not that you aren't allowed to be equipped with both just that you can't use both at the same time.

Ah, right. That might be it, in that case it is allowed as AHW is classed as a close combat weapon.