PDA

View Full Version : Blood Knights rules query

Kriegschmidt
05-10-2010, 13:00
Greetings!

I'm fairly new to WHFB, I've just started collecting a Vampire Counts army and am incorporating a unit of Blood Knights. Unfortunately I'm slightly confused by their rules!

The Blood Knights' entry (p.46) says that they have the special rule, "Vampire (see page 35)". So I go to page 35, and it says:

Vampire:
Vampire characters are wizards, as explained in The Black Art (page 38*). A Vampire is a level 1 wizard, a Vampire Lord is a level 2 wizard. Also, models and units with the Vampire rule are affected differently by certain items, abilities and spells. Vampire characters have access to certain magic items (see pages 84-87) and may have Vampiric Powers (pages 82-83).

Here are my questions:

Qu.1: As I say, I'm fairly new to WHFB, but am I right in thinking that anything that says "Vampire characters" is talking about Lords and Heroes and therefore does not apply to Blood Knights?

Qu.2: So what does the Vampire special rule actually do for Blood Knights?? :confused:

Many thanks! My little brain hurts.

Korraz
05-10-2010, 13:29
Qu.1: A Character is every Choice in the Hero or Lord Section.

Qu.2: Everything that doesn't only apply to Vampire Characters. For example, if a Rule adresses "Vampires" in general, then the Knights are affected.

Chris_
05-10-2010, 14:12
They can march, they can let other undead units within 6" march, they don't crumble when the general dies, and so on. (I don't have the VC book in front of me so not sure about all the details)

Kriegschmidt
05-10-2010, 14:57
Ah I see, thanks chaps! I'll read everything again, plus no doubt as I get a few VC games under my belt things will slot into place.