PDA

View Full Version : Which Daemons list?

deaglesuk1
06-10-2010, 15:02
Hi guys, written and re-written my Daemons of Chaos lists a million times now but I've got it down to 2 that I like the idea of. I'll post them both below and would like comments on both please :)

List 1

Bloodthirster of Khorne 500
Immortal Fury, Armour of Khorne

Herald of Khorne 300
Battle Standard bearer, Great Icon of Dispair, Juggernaut of Khorne, Obsidian Armour

Herald of Tzeentch 165
Master of Sorcery (Life), Spell Breaker

30 Bloodletters 390
Full Command

18 Pink Horrors - 216

5 Bloodcrushers of Khorne 425
Full Command, Icon of Endless War

Lord 500
Hero 465
Core 606
Rare 425

List 2

Herald of Khorne 300
Battle Standard bearer, Great Icon of Dispair, Juggernaut of Khorne, Obsidian Armour

Herald of Tzeentch 165
Master of Sorcery (Life), Spell Breaker

30 Bloodletters 390
Full Command

30 Bloodletters 390
Full Command

25 Pink Horrors - 330
Full Command

5 Bloodcrushers of Khorne 425

Hero 465
Core 1110
Rare 425

As you can see not much between them, I've just swapped the 'Thirster for some more core. I'm loving the large unit of Bloodcrushers (with the Herald) so please don't ask me to drop them :)

LAV-Kitsune-
06-10-2010, 20:51
The first list loses quite fast on Blood and glory scenario as it has only 2 flags and general. Pink horrors seem bit odd choise in there especially without banner of sorcery with them. I suppose you field them as a bunker for herald, but he should be fine somewhere between the lines with look out sir and his 4+ ward to keep him alive. You could instead or horrors, pick another smaller flanking force of bloodletters or perhaps plaguebearers for a tower scenario. Obsidian armor for your Bsb is quite an expensive choise as you get some armor from the juggernaut already. Armor of Khorne does just the same almost every time and leaves some points for fireblade for example. Also, consider your heralds lore. Life isnt automatically the best lore. Lore of metal for example is perhaps the best lore to kill horde units with final transmutation, helps against armored armies like Bretonnia and gives good buff with blades of Aiban. Light gives protection from pretty much anything and can even prevent melting in combat and ofcourse excellent buffs for demons like asf and double speed.

Second list seems bit more balanced with more troops in it and I would suggest pretty much same things with gifts as above. Drop something to get banner of sorcery for pink horrors, as +1 to cast is pretty valuable for casters and the price isnt too bad. It all comes down to what kind of army you would like to play, as both armies can be wielded effectively with some minor tweaks. Both list might work nicely with 5 or 6 furies with them to hunt down lonely characters and warmachines.

thesheriff
06-10-2010, 21:14
I think the first list is better (thirster = win :p). In would stick the icon of edless war on the bloodletters. I would also change obsidian armour and great icon of despair for banner of hellfire, armour of khorne (at the expense of a horror). But it looks good overall

thesheriff

Jazzaar
06-10-2010, 21:18
I agree the first list seems a bit better

Not a word to the elf.
06-10-2010, 23:04
considering that you asked which list , i think the second is better and more balanced

RMacDeezy
07-10-2010, 03:01
i like the first one as the BT and crusher unit kinda take nasty shooting attention off each other. maybe sneak in a firestorm blade somewhere to deal with regenerating gribblies?

LAV-Kitsune-
07-10-2010, 07:26
I would also change obsidian armour and great icon of despair for banner of hellfire
I must disagree with the banner just because its a bound spell. If you have no other mages on the list you are likely going to try the spell with maximum dice to prevent it from being dispelled. Any double 6 you roll results to bye bye 100pts and also as the bound spell is only thing on your army to cast enemy is going to use all his/her dispell against it and usually has 4+ to dispell thanks to higher level mage. Despair banner helps a bit with terror charges and ofcrouse with combat resolution and reforms opponent is going to make. Sometimes it might even give you some protection as opponent loses his/her fear tests.

As for the lists go for your personal preferences. If you like big monsters take first one and if you like masses take second. First is more manouverable but can take big hit from warmachines and magic while second army can take some beating thanks to big numbers but its only counter against tough monsters is crushers.

deaglesuk1
07-10-2010, 07:27
Thanks for the replies guys. I've played about with list number 1 and made a few changes. I agree about Obsidian armour on the Herald and I've now swapped it for Armour of Khorne and Firestorm Blade on him.

The Lore of Magic I will have to play test to see which works best for me. When I move up to 2500 I'm planning on adding another Herald (on disk) with another Lore to compliment my current Herald.

The Pink Horrors gained a Standard and the Banner of Sorcery as you're all correct in that +1 to casting is great for 15 points :)

thesheriff:- Much as I've know you are the "Man" on Daemons / WoC around here and I do agree with 99% of things you say on Threads I'm afraid I can't agree with your liking of Banner of Hellfire. Yes it's effect is awesome but its 100 points and far too easily countered I think. (As I said though I do know that you know what you're talking about so I may play test it a few games to see what happens)

So the changed list looks like....

Bloodthirster of Khorne – 490

Herald of Khorne – 290
Battle Standard bearer, Great Icon of Dispair, Juggernaut of Khorne, Armour of Khorne, Firestorm Blade

Herald of Tzeentch – 165
Master of Sorcery (Life / ?), Spell Breaker

28 Bloodletters – 391

19 Pink Horrors - 261
Musician, Standard, Banner of Sorcery

5 Bloodcrushers of Khorne – 400
Full Command

Lord – 490
Hero – 455
Core – 652
Rare – 400

Total - 1997

Any more comments guys?

LAV-Kitsune-
07-10-2010, 07:37
You got 10 more points to spend on your list as you miscalculated yout Thirsters points. Armor only costs 15pts =)

Edit: Oh yeah, and it looks quite ok now.

Edit2: Actually you have 20 more points to spend. Icon of sorcery also costs 15, not 25pts *hehe*

oCoYoRoAoKo
07-10-2010, 07:44
Bloodthirster of Khorne 500

Herald of Khorne 290
Battle Standard bearer, Great Icon of Dispair, Juggernaut of Khorne, Armour of Khorne, Firestorm Blade

Herald of Tzeentch 165
Master of Sorcery (Life / ?), Spell Breaker

28 Bloodletters 391

18 Pink Horrors - 253
Standard, Banner of Sorcery

5 Bloodcrushers of Khorne 400
Full Command

Any more comments guys?

Hmm, its a similar army to the one i am bringing to this years' GT. One of the problems i had was with enemy warmachines killing off the greater daemon in turn 1. Considering that you have 3 main combat blocks (Thirster, Juggers and the Bloodletters), the loss of any one of them early in the game can be a pain.

To sort this out i put in a couple of single fiends for warmachine hunting (it will cost you one of the command models in your crushers though to fit into the 500 points rare).

As for your lore, try out Shadows for a couple of games. i did and im never going back to life again. The init drain is great for Bloodletters and Crushers so that they get to strike first (or rob high elves of those re-rolls). Also defensively, -D3 strength is great for your T3 troops. That signiature spell has so much utility and with a range of 48 its very easy to hide your herald out of the way.

Cy.

deaglesuk1
07-10-2010, 07:48
Heh thanks for that LAV.

I've used the "extra" points to add another Horror so the unit is 5 x 4 (with the herald) and a Musician to the horror unit as..... erm.... it's 6 points and a Musician can't be a bad thing when there is nothing else I could have got?