PDA

View Full Version : 3k High ELf

Jazzaar
06-10-2010, 21:18
Hey Guys,

THis is my first draft of my high elf list. Please rip it apart so I can make it as strong as possible.

Lords:
LvL 4 Archmage Book of Hoeth 360pts ( I know Teclis is stronger but i dont normally like running spec characters)
Heroes:
BSB Noble Heavy Armor Great Weapon Razor Standard 167 pts
LvL 2 Mage Silver Wand 145 pts

Core:
30 Sea Guard FC 415pts
20 Spearmen FC 205pts
16 Archers 176pts
796 Pts Core
Special
18 Sword Masters FC (6x3) 300 pts
12 White Lions FC 210 pts
5 Dragon Princes FC 200 pts
10 Silver Helms FC 270 pts
Lion Chariot 140 pts
5 Reavers Bows and Mus 112 pts

Rare

2 Bolt Throwers 200 pts
2 Greater Eagles 100 pts

3000pts

I look forward to reading your responces.

D'Haran
06-10-2010, 22:12
BSB is too squishy, only way to give a HE BSB a magic standard and not loose him fast in combat is to mount him.

I'd drop the archers and 5 seaguard to make another unit of spearmen, give the Seaguard BoEF.

Sword masters could probably stand to loose a few models and add them to White Lions. 3rd rank won't be doing much on SM's, you have to screen them against missle fire anyways and they should have so much combat rez that you don't need a rank bonus. Silver Helms are pretty much crap, take DP's every time instead, and you probably only need 1 unit of heavy cav.

I'd try to man a unit of PG if I could, but at least bring in the BoS on some unit as you'll be eating through power dice uber fast. So fast you might even want to drop the lvl 2 mage, with Teclis or the book of hoeth I rarely even bother to try casting a spell with a lvl 2, the enemy usually has way too many DD sitting around collecting dust to let anything through that's not IF.

Pointy Headed Elven Paladin
07-10-2010, 06:51
Hey Guys,

THis is my first draft of my high elf list. Please rip it apart so I can make it as strong as possible.

Lords:
LvL 4 Archmage Book of Hoeth 360pts ( I know Teclis is stronger but i dont normally like running spec characters)
Heroes:
BSB Noble Heavy Armor Great Weapon Razor Standard 167 pts
LvL 2 Mage Silver Wand 145 pts

Core:
30 Sea Guard FC 415pts
20 Spearmen FC 205pts
16 Archers 176pts
796 Pts Core
Special
18 Sword Masters FC (6x3) 300 pts
12 White Lions FC 210 pts
5 Dragon Princes FC 200 pts
10 Silver Helms FC 270 pts
Lion Chariot 140 pts
5 Reavers Bows and Mus 112 pts

Rare

2 Bolt Throwers 200 pts
2 Greater Eagles 100 pts

3000pts

I look forward to reading your responces.

I haven't played a game in 8th Ed. yet so I don't know if my advice would hold water but there are a few things I wanted to point out that I think could be improved in your army list:

Characters:

I think you're Archmage would be better served using mulitple magic items to somewhat buff your troops if you're planning to bunker in a unit. While the chances of getting IF is great with BoH the chances of getting sniped with a spell or special weapon is high without adaquate ward protection. Consider using Sacred Incense, Annulian Crystal, & Ruby Ring of Ruin in lieu of the book of Hoeth. It gives an equal amount of offensive and defensive capabilities in both the magic and shooting phases and gives some protection to your bunker unit. Also consider giving a dispel scroll to the secondary mage to give yourself some extra protection in the magic phase. At 3000 pts. High Elves should be ruling the Magic phase better than any force except for Lizardmen and possibly Dark Elves.

Core:

I think taking the points used on the spearmen and incorporating them into the LSG to turn them into a horde unit with volley fire capability and increasing the number of archers would be better than the current set up you have. Also I would give the LSG the banner of Eternal Flame since it makes all attacks by that unit that much better (especially if this is the unit that will bunker both the Archmage & BSB).

Special:

I'm not completely sold on the Silver Helms in 8th. so I would suggest trading them in for increasing the number of DPs instead and give them the Banner of Ellryion to help with their movement to navigate terrain (especially during a charge). Then use the remaining points to increase the number of White Lions or add another unit of Reavers or add a Tiranoc Chariot to support the DPs & Lion Chariot when they charge.

Anyways I hope that all make sense and helps somewhat. ;)