PDA

View Full Version : Tournament High Elf List

Not a word to the elf.
06-10-2010, 21:34
Please post constructive criticismn the army list. Also if you find any point value problems I would be happy to know about them.
Lords
Teclis lore of death=475pts

Heroes
Mage level one silver wand lore of heavens=110pts

Noble bsb dragon armour great weapon battle banner=205pts

Noble great weapon Armour of Caledor luckstone potion of strength=165pts

485pts
955pts
Core
10 archers fc Banner of Eternal Flame =145pts

10 lorthern sea guard shields fc=155pts

40 spearmen fc=385pts
685pts
1640pts
Special
13 swordmasters fc banner of sorcery=275pts

Tiranoc Chariot=85pts

2000pts

D'Haran
06-10-2010, 22:03
Way too many points in character choices. They won't make up for a small army, they're there to give support.

BoEF on archers? Doesn't even make sense when all you have are 20 shots total shooting, it only knocks out regen for that phase, i.e. for the shooting phase. FC on archers and seaguard? overpriced command isn't a way to improve undermanned units.

40 spearmen should be broken up into 2 units, not sure what the archers and seaguard are for, the units are small and they won't be effective. I'd drop them and get 2 units of spearmen at about 20-25 bodies each, or even seaguard.

No rare choices, that's ok. But so few points in special? HE have some of the best special choices in the game and you just ignored them all. The points you get when you drop the second noble and the lvl 1 mage you should put into special choices.

Teclis will be using all the power dice, won't be much left for lvl 1. Death is ok, I've tried it, but I find life or shadow to be far superior. Plus most death magic is so short ranged it'll make anything but the purple sun tough to cast.

Battle banner is a poor choice, too much combat rez flying around to make those points worth it, and it'll rarely tip the scales of battle. Plus it leaves him very squishy and that's a 300 victory point squishy.

only 2 real units in your list, I take more than that in 1k. You'll find this list quickly out maneuvered and that combat will take you out fast against literally any list with this army.

Not a word to the elf.
06-10-2010, 22:40
Thank you for that feedback. I have a tendancy to overspend in characters and therefor lack power with my troops. If you will remember though, flaming attacks cause panic for just one casualty so I had planned to panic large units. I understand that I failed to make use of special choices but I am restricted by the models in my collection. Also do you have any positive things about the army list

Tarian
06-10-2010, 22:48
I agree with D'Haran mostly. Teclis *is* a magic phase, so don't worry to much about support for him. Furthermore, he needs a good bunker to hide in. While SMs are a fluffy bunker, PG are a much more solid one. I'd min your core (HE core is rather lackluster compared to their specials) and get some more elite infantry in there. BSB noble should get the AoC/Guardian Phoenix combo, and the other noble is pointless imo. And again, that level 1 mage won't be casting much, and I'd take Shadow or Life for Teclis personally. (Life Teclis in a PG bunker is... really hard to kill.)

Pointy Headed Elven Paladin
07-10-2010, 09:21
Please post constructive criticismn the army list. Also if you find any point value problems I would be happy to know about them.
Lords
Teclis lore of death=475pts

Heroes
Mage level one silver wand lore of heavens=110pts

Noble bsb dragon armour great weapon battle banner=205pts

Noble great weapon Armour of Caledor luckstone potion of strength=165pts

485pts
955pts
Core
10 archers fc Banner of Eternal Flame =145pts

10 lorthern sea guard shields fc=155pts

40 spearmen fc=385pts
685pts
1640pts
Special
13 swordmasters fc banner of sorcery=275pts

Tiranoc Chariot=85pts

2000pts

My Suggestions:

Lords and Heroes:

Drop the 2nd Mage and the 2nd Noble for more points to use in your special selections. Give the BSB the Razor Standard instead. This helps with the poor STR of the HE rank and file troops like LSG (it works really well together for shooting & CQB, especially if combined with the BoEF standard).

Teclis should be fine in a 2000 pts. game against other magic users. What he needs is a bunker unit to hide in.

Core:

In 8th. I'm leaning toward more LSG than Spearmen in my army list builds. I would actually take take out the Spearmen and bolster both the archers and LSG units and give the BoEF to the LSG regiment.

Special:

As Tarian said in an earlier post you'll need a strong anvil unit to protect Teclis. The Phoenix Guard backed up by smaller units of White Lions and/or Sword Masters would do well. I'd suggest at least a 25 man unit of PG supported by 2 14 man WLs or SMs and transfer the BoS to the PG unit. Also I don't think that the Tiranoc Chariot is a good deal by itself. The Lion Chariot would be a better selection choice (2 if you can somehow fit in the points).

I hope that helps.

07-10-2010, 09:27
Just out of curiousity what HE figures/Units do you have available to swap out for?

Not a word to the elf.
07-10-2010, 10:51
Thanks very much for suggestions, as for what I have in my collection:

Teclis
Prince on dragon
Prince on Griffon
mage
mage
mage
noble
noble bsb
40 spear
16 archer
10 lsg
5 pg
5 wl
25 swordmasters
5 ellyrion reavers
8 silver helms
tirianoc chariot
lion chariot
2 rbt's

D'Haran
07-10-2010, 16:28
Flaming attacks do not cause panic mate, it causes fear in wild creatures, cav, chariots. but not panic for causing a wound.

Pulstar
07-10-2010, 18:15
Teclis - 475
BSB w/ GW and AoC, GP = 168
40 Spearmen w/FC = 385 <- Teclis here
12 Archers = 132 (to fill out core)
22 SM w/ FC and BoS, Iron curse Icon on champ = 415 <- BSB here
Lion C = 140
TC = 85
2 BT = 200

Go Lore of Life on Teclis to keep re filling up his Spearman bunker and the SwordMaster unit.

Not a word to the elf.
07-10-2010, 19:00
Using all the feedback, I have decided to write another list. Thank you for feedback and suggestions earlier, and for this list please post both comments and which list you prefer please.

Lords:
Teclis lore of life, general-475pts

Heroes:
Noble bsb great weapon, armor of caledor luckstone-148pts

Not a word to the elf.
07-10-2010, 19:17
Core

16 archers hawkeye-186pts

28 spearmen fc lion standard-212(teclis and bsb go here)

11 spearmen fc-124pts

Special

16 swordmasters fc razor standard-320pts

lion chariot-140pts

5 reavers harbinger bows-114pts

6 silver helms shields fc-178pts
rbt-100pts

100pts

1998pts

Tarian
08-10-2010, 03:02
Hrm... for me personally, Reavers and Helms are some of the weaker choices in the book. DPs outclass them quite badly, so some conversion work might be in order. And... 16 SMs with the BoS will evaporate pretty fast, as a lot of people don't want Teclis getting that extra D3 dice.

unheilig
08-10-2010, 03:10
Hrm... for me personally, Reavers and Helms are some of the weaker choices in the book. DPs outclass them quite badly, so some conversion work might be in order. And... 16 SMs with the BoS will evaporate pretty fast, as a lot of people don't want Teclis getting that extra D3 dice.

They have totally different functions.

My reavers are often stars of the show

Sent from my SPH-M900 using Tapatalk

Tarian
08-10-2010, 03:22
Yeah, but for the cost of the reavers, I'd rather have Eagles personally.

08-10-2010, 05:54
I hope you don't mind but I revised the 2nd list you've presented and made some changes.

2000 pts. High Elf Revised List:

Lords:
Teclis: 475pts
lore of life, general

Heroes:
Noble bsb: 168pts
great weapon, armor of caledor, luckstone, & ring of corin

Core:

16 archers: 176pts
34 spearmen w/fc & lion standard: 356 pts.

Core Total: 532 pts

I merged the spearmen blocks into one big one here and removed the champion from the archer unit to spare some of the points for the special units.

Special:

16 swordmasters w/fc & Razor Banner - 315pts
Tiranoc chariot: 85 pts.
White Lion chariot: 140 pts.
5 reavers: 85 pts

Special Total: 625 pts.

This was just a personal preference of mine to make the SMs stronger in close combat with the Razor banner over power dice. I removed the silver helms since I don't think they are cost effective for what they do and the second chariot would probably do as much damage as they would have at cheaper cost. The Reavers are iffy to me though without bows but left them in case you need to deal with war machines

Rare:

x2 RBTs: 200 pts.

Army Total: 2000 pts.

In all though I think this list could work assuming you keep the SMs and Spearmen near enough to support each other in close combat while the chariots and Reavers hit up the flanks of units that are already engage with either unit. I hope that helps.

Trains_Get_Robbed
08-10-2010, 06:27
Drop the Chariots and proxy D.P's man, they are CLUTCHHHHHH!!! you could get a unit of 6 with the Ellyrion Banner and use the extra points from that and the archers (<<<which you REALLY should cut out) and proxy/field LSG (if you need more points to make at least a solid block of 20-30 cut down the spears to 25).

Also, as I have stated in other posts. The F.C on S.M is useless, as your just going to be handing those v.ps from the unit and the banner away after a round or two of combat. Yes they can kill some of the opposition, however if facing anything resembling a stiff breeze (ie; blocks of core troops or a 18 strong C.W/sarsus unit) they will have so many casualties back that they won't break ranks, or will actually lose combat. Not to mention if they win, they aren't going anywhere as the enemy will be stubborn.

RULE OF THUMB FOR S.M: 21 or more for F.C.

Also you can't take the Ring of Corin as its a Arcane item. Your better of giving him G.P for a +5 ward, and dropping Teclis for extra points. Makes him better at generating C.R for the spearmen unit he should be in.

In game sizes under 3,000 Teclis should not be seen outside of Tournaments (as he can east your points in small sized games as this one, and essentially decides if you win or lose. Win = he gets I.F many times, Lose = he dies).

Cutting Teclis and taking even a Lvl 4 A.M which does about 60% of the same ability, and leaves you with 90 points or so. If you shave here and there one could probably scrap together a Lvl 2 with a Silver Wand and R.Bow (stick in LSG) or A.C Lvl2 or S.S Lvl 2 etc. . .

Not a word to the elf.
08-10-2010, 10:49
True about ring of corin. I am taking teclis because the list is for a tournament.

Trains_Get_Robbed
08-10-2010, 15:31
Oh, well there are some numerous changes you could do, however you got the basics down, and thus, I fare thee good luck, represent the asur well! :D

Not a word to the elf.
08-10-2010, 21:48
Yeah, but for the cost of the reavers, I'd rather have Eagles personally.

I do not have any eagles and though they are way better, I prefer the look of reavers. Especially the island of blood ones. Anyway I thank you all for critisism

Not a word to the elf.
17-10-2010, 23:55
The Elves will be well represented

Ps: I hope:shifty: