PDA

View Full Version : 2999pt goblin army

xalfej
07-10-2010, 01:22
I'm amassing a huge OnG army, and with my blob of near 200 goblins being near painted I'ts time for me to think about an actual list I can use this many little'uns in. This is what I'm thinking currently

Grom the Paunch - 255

Goblin Warboss - Armor of Silvered Steel, Great weapon - 116

lvl4 Night Goblin Shaman - Staff of badduumm, Talisman of Preservation - 270

Goblin Big Boss - BSB, armor of Destiny - 110

lvl2 Night Goblin Shaman - Staff of Sneaky Stealin - 135

40 night goblins, full command, nets, 1 fanatic - 200pts

39 night goblins, full command, nets, 1 fanatic - 197

5 Goblin Wolf Riders, Musician - 71

5 goblin wolf riders, musician - 71

Rock Lobba - 70

Spear Chukka - 35

Spear Chukka - 35

Goblin Wolf Chariot - 60

Goblin Wolf Chariot - 60

Goblin Wolf Chariot - 60

Squig herd, 30 squigs 20 goblins - 300

Doom Diver - 80

6x Trolls - 240

6x Trolls - 240

Comes to 2999 on the nose.

259 models strong, oodles of fodder, some punch from chariots and trolls, biggest weak points look like heavy armored infantry, the doomdiver / trolls are kinda my only reliable way of taking them on. I don't plan on dominating anything with this list. I just want a nice funny goblin list that I can use when I'm not using the orcs :)

Another question I have is if I take grom the paunch am I allowed another BSB. his entry says niblet counts as a battle standard bearer, and the only limiting factor I saw on BSB's was only 1 big boss per army may carrey it, and its not FAQ'd otherwise. If this is the case I'll have the goblin warboss as the general leading most of the grots with the bsb, with grom and his chariot swarm moving along one of the flanks

~xalfej

D'Haran
07-10-2010, 19:54
Only 1 BSB per army, so if you take Grom then Niblet has to be the BSB, no doubling up.

I'd drop the Squig Heard and take 2 more Rock Lobbas, a Doom Diver, and probably another Goblin Hero. Those big blocks of Goblins work alright if you have a hero or two standing in front.

Fox Of 9
07-10-2010, 21:14
This is from a opponents point of view fanatics are $h*^ scary when u get hit by 2/3 i've seen my mate regularly take out huge blocks of infatry.

Nykster
10-10-2010, 03:53
I agree with fox, there needs to be more than one fanatic in each unit. One of the best things is, you don't have to aim them all at the unit that set them off. Plus, if something big and scary is charging you, 2 fanatics will have a greater chance of causing a panic check.

magicmonkey
10-10-2010, 08:21
or ditch everything and just have heroes lors and goblins! then add about a 100 fanatics!
that is a fun list.