PDA

View Full Version : VC question: Vanhel's Danse Macabre...

Kriegschmidt
07-10-2010, 10:47
Greetings!

I'm just starting to learn the Warhammer rules and have very recently begun a vampire Counts army. I'm finding that I'm regularly flummoxed :D

So I have a Vampire attached to an Undead unit (let's say Skeletons). He knows the spell Vanhel's Danse Macabre. The unit is not in combat. If he casts Vanhel's Danse Macabre, does it give the unit and him the effects of the spell? (i.e. immediate move of up to 8") Or just either him or the Skeletons?

Thanks chaps,

Kriegschmidt.

Tregar
07-10-2010, 11:07
The whole unit.

Kriegschmidt
07-10-2010, 11:45
The whole unit.

Sorry for being thick but does this mean the attached Vampire as well?

So much to learn.... :)

Lordmonkey
07-10-2010, 12:09
The character is considered to be part of the unit. Therefore, he is affected in the same way as the unit and will move with them. The same applies if Van Hel's was cast to give asf/rerolls (cant remember which it is now).

Clanrat
07-10-2010, 12:10
yes, in this case it moves the vampire as well.

When a character joins a unit, it effectively becomes part of that unit until he/she/massively tentacled thing from another dimension decides to leave.

Please note, this means that while your vampire would be affected by the vanhels, he would also be affected by any enemy spells your opponent casts upon them that targets whole units.

Hope this helps.

Kriegschmidt
07-10-2010, 12:22
Cool, thanks to all for the clarification. That settles the question of whether I need to give one of my Vampires the Talisman of Lycni.... :evilgrin: