PDA

View Full Version : Carnage 2000 Point Vampire Count List

cookiescrumble
09-03-2006, 16:37
Have made a list for Carnage this month but have only managed to play a few games with it, thats where you guys come in. Can you please tell me what you think of the list and make improvement suggestions where necessary. Here's the list (It is Strigoi):

Vampire Lord (I have been warned against this due to extra hero slot, do you agree?), Bat Form, Level 3, Iron Sinews @ 400 Points

Vampire Thrall, Bat Form @ 125 Points

Necromancer, Level 2, Book of Arkhan, Dispel Scroll @ 150 Points

24 Skeletons, Full Command, Light Armour @ 265 Points

27 Zombies, Full Command @ 177 Points

6 Ghouls, Ghast @ 58 Points

6 Dire Wolves, Doom Wolf @ 70 Points

6 Dire Wolves, Doom Wolf @ 70 Points

5 Fell Bats @ 100 Points

5 Fell Bats @ 100 Points

3 Spirit Host @ 195 Points

Banshee @ 90 Points

Black Coach @ 200 Points

Please tell me what you think, and also i need to know how important the quality of painting is for Carnage as I have been painting 25-30 models per day for the last 3-4 days now and the quality is somewhat lacking.

Thanks alot,

Cookiescrumble

Frankly
09-03-2006, 22:22
Pretty quick list.

Just make sure you actually need all that speed on your characters and in those unit.

I'd suggest dropping your fell bat units down to 3 and using them as primary mage hunting units.

While using the thrall to go after light cavalry and warmachines.

You general takes up 20% of your points, thats alot for a model that can die in CR, has little defence and is an undead general.

Personally I don't think your going to get alot of magic off dueing most games, so either cut back on your magic phase or bulk up on it.

ROCKY
10-03-2006, 00:49
I would demote your general to a count and add another necromancer, take the dire wolves down to 5, take the fell bats to 3 take bothe the zombies and skeletons down to 20 and tossout the banshee and get some black knights, they have fairly good defence, S6 on the charge, unbreakable, and have the killing blow.

fubukii
10-03-2006, 02:24
id drop the coach too many points 1 str 7 hit instantly kills it.

Crube
10-03-2006, 08:07
I know I probably should be saying this (seeing as I'll probably be facing you at some point) but...

Having played against Jedi152's VC, with my Wood Elves...

Treemen love Black Coaches...
Black Knights are among the hardest things in the army - get some
A banshee can be avoided by a fast army. It's a lot of points
another necromancer should help (no need for a Vamp Lord IMO)
Either drop your Dire Wolves to 5, or drop the Doom Wolf for another Wolf

Right, thats enough - queue VC armies rolling over the Wood Elves now...

Gorog Irongut
10-03-2006, 08:37
Allow me to suggest that for a Strigoi army you're quite light on the ghoul front. Especially considering how amazing a troop choice they are. Oh and I would keep the Vampire Lord (for fluff purposes) and the banshee.

Danger Rat
10-03-2006, 09:15
I would drop the vampire lord in favour of the count, for less points he is almost as good and doesn't take up a hero slot, which i would use for necromancer. I would keep your dire wolves at 6 but drop the doom wolves 10pts for an extra attack isn't worth it.

I would keep the banshee they can be very useful at killing mages lurking in woods etc and small units of skirmishers. I would drop the spirit host in favour of more ghouls.

id drop the coach too many points 1 str 7 hit instantly kills it.
Very true but they are good fun and characterful theres one in my army for carnage, they can be a bit hit and miss with impact hits so I usually try and back it up with a unit in CC. Its also worth it for the terror aspect, theres lots of immune to fear units but not as many immune to terror ones.

Overall its not a bad list but i would drop the lord in favour of a count

giner
10-03-2006, 16:18
I'd take a count instead of the lord.

If your just playing for the win then why not go nerco heavy or flying circus?

Drop the bats unit size and the coach for knights. I've seen come good ones converted for imperial ones just replace any bare heads with skelly heads.