PDA

View Full Version : Bretonnian BSB

Bitten Black Sheep
08-10-2010, 01:09
The Bret BSB cannot take any mundane equipment apart from a horse or a pegasus (pg 67 army book). Under 7th this also meant he could not take a magical shield (quite specific) or a lance (in FAQs I think).

I cannot find anyting in the rules or FAQ in 8th to restrict the purchase of any magic weapons or armour even though mundane equipment is forbidden.

Is this how others read it? Can we now protect our BSB with magic items?

SiNNiX
08-10-2010, 01:19
Yes, you can. Mundane means just that: not magical.

Kevlar
08-10-2010, 01:25
There are no limitations on magic items any more except for casters. Oddly enough skaven assassins can take some really nice magic armor now. Coming standard with a 4+ ward the armor that gives a 2+ is pretty sweet!

Bitten Black Sheep
08-10-2010, 01:50
Well that's good news (not the Skaven part).
Pretty odd that I can't take an old rusty shield but I can take a nice shiny magical one, but hey, who needs to be logical?
Thanks for your input.

AMWOOD co
08-10-2010, 08:54
Interesting. I know that the Ogre army had this fixed, but the Orcs and Brets have not. Hmm...

For now, my group just house rules it (in fact we did about half way through 7th) that the older army books shouldn't use that restriction. Saves a bunch of hassle (though I typically use Black Orc Battle Standards anyway).