PDA

View Full Version : Rat Ogres and Ranks

Navar
08-10-2010, 15:45
So I was reading the FAQ and the Skaven Rule book, and I think I have managed to confuse myself, so thanks in advance for whoever can put me on the right track.

For some reason that I can't find despite a very clear reading of the Book and FAQ I have it stuck in my head that "Rat Ogres must be placed into the front rank" is a rule somewhere.

I can't seem to find it, but I am just wanting to make sure that I could if I wanted to take a unit of 6 Rat Ogres and 3 Packmasters and make the unit 3 by 3.

Would the third rank (of only 3 Packmasters) count for Strength in Numbers?

I know that if I include a master molder then it must be placed in the front rank. If for some reason I included a master molder could I still make the unit 3 by 3? would it have to be 4 by 3 with an incomplete last rank?

Thanks in advance.

Yrrdead
08-10-2010, 17:41
No, packmaster ranks do not count when calculating SIN.

Makrar
08-10-2010, 21:28
The rule you are thinking of was in the last armybook iirc. Rat Ogres can rank up now, alltho packmasters do not count towards ranks or make attacks from more then 1 rank of ogres. As for the mastermoulder going to the front. Im not quite sure how to rank them up in this case, I would place him at the side like a character does when its on a different sized base that doesn't rank up. (seems the easy thing to do, even if not strictly legal)

Kevlar
08-10-2010, 21:50
I think its legal to stick him anywhere in the front. Just looks a bit silly if you put him in the middle.

Pacorko
08-10-2010, 22:24
What Kevlar said, but if you have a very nicely converted Mastermoulder you could probably get away with it. ;)

That said, no. You would not get an incomplete rank if you put you Mastermoulder in the front rank as the packmasters do not count towards SIN, so...

Place him wherever you like be it in the middle or to either side, for as far as I know doing so it's not remotely illegal. But I have been proven wrong in certain respecst--and over Skaven rulings, nonetheless! :p