PDA

View Full Version : High elf help needed

Jazzaar
09-10-2010, 04:42
Okay after reading the replies from this site and a couple others here is a new list. Please rip it up for me :)
Playing Bretonnia... please HELP game is Thurs.

Archmage LvL 4 (Life)
Book of Hoeth 360pt

Noble BsB
Great Weapon, Guardian Phoenix, and Armour of Caledor
168pts
Mage LvL 2 (Metal)
Jewel of Dusk 150pts

25 Spearmen FC 250pts
24 Sea Guard FC BoEF 337pts
16 Archers 176pts

20 Phoenix Guard FC BoS 380pts
18 White Lions FC 300pts
18 Sword Masters 300pts
5 Dragon Princes 150pts
Lion Chariot 140pts
Tiranoc Chariot 85pts

2 Bolt Throwers 200pts

Pointy Headed Elven Paladin
09-10-2010, 07:28
Okay after reading the replies from this site and a couple others here is a new list. Please rip it up for me :)
Playing Bretonnia... please HELP game is Thurs.

Archmage LvL 4 (Life)
Book of Hoeth 360pt

Noble BsB
Great Weapon, Guardian Phoenix, and Armour of Caledor
168pts
Mage LvL 2 (Metal)
Jewel of Dusk 150pts

25 Spearmen FC 250pts
24 Sea Guard FC BoEF 337pts
16 Archers 176pts

20 Phoenix Guard FC BoS 380pts
18 White Lions FC 300pts
18 Sword Masters 300pts
5 Dragon Princes 150pts
Lion Chariot 140pts
Tiranoc Chariot 85pts

2 Bolt Throwers 200pts

Hmm do you know if you opponent prefers lots of infantry or lot of calvary as either is a possibility at 3000 pts. (probably up to 4 Trebuchets as well)?

My suggestions would be to drop the chariots and SMs and go with more DPs MSU Calvary, & beef up the PGs, WLs, & add more RBTs if you have them. I would also exchange the Jewel of Dusk for Sacred Incense & Silver Wand (or keep the jewel if you prefer for extra power dice with S.I.) and insert the Lvl. 2 with the PG unit. Also if you do this consider changing the spell lore to Life for the Lvl. 2 and Metal for the Lvl. 4.

I hope that helps.

D'Haran
09-10-2010, 14:40
Looks like a good list mate, you got the proper elements and nothing looks horribly wrong.
Jewel of the Dusk isn't amazing, you'd be happier with the silverwand or possibly seerstaff, though the mageling might not be casting a while lot due to BoH mage. Other than that it's all quibbling about how to tweak your special choices, personally I'd like to see a few more DP's in that unit.

Fox Of 9
09-10-2010, 15:54
If hes Got alot Of shooting Go for two units of white lions over 1 of swordmasters & one of lions. lastly and this is not really a tacitc thing i'd drop the dp for another lion chariot because those thing hurt like hell when they charge......

ROCKY
09-10-2010, 18:49
If hes Got alot Of shooting Go for two units of white lions over 1 of swordmasters & one of lions. lastly and this is not really a tacitc thing i'd drop the dp for another lion chariot because those thing hurt like hell when they charge......

yep i agree, plus imo they are better, more durable, S6 rather than S5 and sword masters lose out on attacks from their second row, while white lions dont. and against brettonia, i would rather have S6 over S5. not to mentione white lions are BUFF! and yeah i would take 3 chars lvl 4with lore of life and the book, and a lvl 2 with lore of metal. the sig spell is just ownage. pure and simple. and lastly drop the Tyranoc chariot for another repeaters. (3 are better than 2 especially if they are in lance formation). and if the knights are being dealt with then you can pepper the hordes coming at you with 18 S4shots lol. also dont spend too much on your core as they are meh at best. take two units of lothern sea guard one (take like 24 in each) and thats it cuz they can shoot THEN kick you in the nuts. btw is it me or is no one trying the lore of shadows on the high elf armies? S8 lothern sea guard are rather...scary to say the least.