PDA

View Full Version : Eldar Rune Casting

Lord Balor
28-05-2005, 08:16
This is just another quick question for my fluff that i need answered before i can continue writing.

How do the Eldar go about Casting Runes and what are the symbols/colours/meanings of them.

Damn we Need Ask The Commissar thread back in action, just so little Queries like this don't require a thread of thier own :(

angelspast
30-05-2005, 00:38
I suggest you find a 2nd edition "codex imperialis". There is a great story of a farseer waking from a horrible dream, and using rune stones to intrepret his dream. It won't tell you each rune and meaning, but it will give you the right mindset.

Flame Boy
30-05-2005, 13:55
The Novel "Farseer" I think also has some useful references, but I can't remember them at the moment sadly... The Eldar runes are very complex, as their direction, orientation and position according to other runes appear to make a difference in the predictions. It seems that it would be hideously complicated. I would imagine that the way the runes orbit each other gives each rune a subtle contextual variation...

It's not really been explained in detail sadly, I hope they do one day... perhaps in the new Eldar codex? *crosses fingers*

Hlokk
31-05-2005, 11:16
WHat sort of runes are you using as a reference?

It might be worth taking a look at the high elf army book for some of the runes in there, as I'd imagine they'd be similar for the eldar.

One thing I would stay clear of is treating them like tarot cards, as this angles already covered by the emperors tarot.

If I were you, I'd look at druidic rune casting and see how thats done, then modify it for 40k.