PDA

View Full Version : The black horde

ROCKY
09-10-2010, 17:18
Greetings everyone, its been a while. People who know me realize while i do have many armies, woc have always been my primary army and I have been running a list with great success as of late. Currently i am looking for more advice, tweaking if need be, and opinions.

Note: while i have around 80 chaos knights i have been keeping them on the shelf lately as i enjoy the fruits of infantry nowadays ;) so yes i know we should find room for these sexy beasts but thats for another list.

Chaos Sorcerer lord: lvl4, Mot, Talisman of preservation, spell familiar, and the ogre blade. he rides a barded steed. (and will be placed in one of my infantry units in the beginning but he always moves out).

Exalted: Bsb, Mot, talisman of endurance, icon curse icon, enchanted shield (this guy is great, 4WS7 S5 attacks with 2+armor and a 4+ward save (and he goes with the chosen giving them a 5+ward against shooting because they have mot). he also has the stream of corruption gift.

Exalted (also known as the mean sob): MoK, charmed shield, potion of strength, sword of swift slaying. yeah.... as you can see he hurts people. asf with rerolls against most things 5S5 attacks and can bump it to 8 for one turn. this is nasty, i have even surprised dragons with this as well as wached the front rank of 5 brettonian knights. he also has the sopophporic musk gift.

20X chosen: mot, favor of the gods item, rapturous standard, fc, shields halberds.

19x warriors of chaos: halberds, shields, fc, mok, flaming banner (enough said)

18X warriors of chaos: shields, mot, blasted standard, fc.

40x marauders: mok, fc, flails. (flails are better in every case against most armies unless they are woc, elves, or skaven. in those cases i take gws)

6x hounds

6x hounds

6x hounds

6x hounds

so there you have it. and trust me this army packs a punch. and i know some people like to have 2 wizards but my lvl4 was more than enough to kill around 1000pts plus a game. i love miscasting in close combat and nuking my wizard when hes alone engaged in combat along with the enemy then roll my 3+ward and laugh. and no joke, he charged a unit once, i believe ungors, killed 3, and won because after he miscasted he saved a wound and blew the ungor unit to pieces with the big template, and rand the rest down hehehe.

so yeah, good magic, lots of butt kicking, slow and purposeful (although in this new edition they can actually reach combat by turn 2-3. and of course lots of wards and screening to ensure most the army reaches somewhat in tact.

and btw if none of you guys every use gifts, i suggest you start. 20 points to force your enemy to roll and extra dice and take the two lowest is great to ensure you run them down and get the VC points. and 20 points for 2d6 or template breath at S3 and -1 to armor save is also great. can kill droves of low T people/cows/rats/lizards etc.

Fox Of 9
09-10-2010, 17:34
Wow just Wow Nasty, uncompromising & btw love the way you used your wizard :p

ROCKY
09-10-2010, 17:37
Wow just Wow Nasty, uncompromising & btw love the way you used your wizard :p

glad you liked it, yeah hes a beast, he hasnt died in any of the 10 games i used him in. and i used to play very competitively but now i am making fun (still powerful though) and fluffy lists. i mean come on, who wouldnt love to see a mighty wizard lord on an evil steed leading a slow and deadly army who are bent to desecrate anything that represents order? ;)

Fox Of 9
09-10-2010, 17:42
To True Man ehhh i've gt nothing bad to say about this list, the imagry makes me laugh then the force of it scares me :p & BTW as your a great competitive general could you help me tweak my list any help would be appreciated. David

ROCKY
09-10-2010, 17:50
To True Man ehhh i've gt nothing bad to say about this list, the imagry makes me laugh then the force of it scares me :p & BTW as your a great competitive general could you help me tweak my list any help would be appreciated. David

sure m8, post a link.

Fox Of 9
09-10-2010, 18:40
using my ps3 so cant PC's Dead :p

ROCKY
09-10-2010, 18:52
using my ps3 so cant PC's Dead :p

lol fair enough. when you get it fixed just pm me the list and we will see what we can do;)

Fox Of 9
09-10-2010, 21:23
Thanks alot m8 i really appropriate the help

Fox Of 9
09-10-2010, 21:27
I should have it fixed by tomorrow morning switching between fixing it & my PS3 well Warseer