PDA

View Full Version : WoC 2000pts

Felwether
10-10-2010, 04:50
Hiya all, I've decided to take my first real steps into Fantasy (after the release of the beautiful new RB and discovering that the GW site accepts laser as a payment method...) with WoC. I've written up a 2000pt list as a start and I'd love some advice/criticism from you tactics-type people.

Lords

Sorceror Lord.

Lvl. 4, Mark of Tzeentch, Staff of Sorcery, Golden Eye of Tzeentch, Conjoined Homonculus, Disc of Tzeentch.

Heroes

Exalted Hero.

Shield, Mark of Tzeentch, Sword of Might, Talisman of Protection, Chaos Steed.

Exalted Hero.

Battle Standard, Mark of Tzeentch, Shield, Talisman of Preservation.

Core

Chaos Warriors (20)

Shields, Full Command.

Chaos Marauders (30)

Flails, Light Armour, Full Command.

Chaos Marauders (30)

Shields, Light Armour, Full Command.

Warhounds (5) 30pts

Warhounds (5) 30pts

Special

Chaos Knights (10)

Standard, Musician.

2001pts

There you have it. I'm not looking to build anything particularly competitive, just a nice solid 2000pt list.

Any comments are much appreciated.

Taahuu
10-10-2010, 05:11
The Chaos Marauders should probably be in bigger units, i played against a unit of 50 Chaos Marauders with great weps and they just killed so much..

Fubar
10-10-2010, 06:49
I'd join the marauders together and give them great weapons, thell die too easily otherwise and just be fodder.
I find war hounds to be useless, but varies on opponents.

Knights are incorrectly priced, there shield be 480points for those, and probably best just to keep ensorcelled weapons, if you don't break unit on first round they may struggle.

Every chaos list should have at least 1 hellcannon in them! :)

Felwether
10-10-2010, 20:16
Thanks for the input guys. I've changed the list around a bit:

- Dropped two of the Warhound units (I had only really intended on using them to draw out things like fanatics and maybe have a go at the odd war machine).

- Dropped the lances from the Knights.

- I've added ten men to each Marauder unit and I've equipped one of the regiments with flails although maybe I'd be better off with great weapons? (The idea of striking last with a 6+ armour save doesn't really appeal to me however)

- I've messed around with my Hero choices a little bit. BSB now has 3+/3+ although he may be a bit weak in challenges.

Taahuu
12-10-2010, 08:03
yeah also Hellcannon!!! are just awesome.

Felwether
12-10-2010, 15:58
Yeah they're pretty uber, my only issue with taking a Hellcannon at 2000pts is reducing the size of my army even further. Considering the last army I played (albeit briefly) was a massive horde of Empire infantry I'm not sure I like the idea of only having two or three infantry units!