PDA

View Full Version : Okkam's Mindrazor & Cavalry mounts?

mishari26
10-10-2010, 05:52
For Okkam's mindrazor spell, do cavalry mounts use their LD stat on their profile or the best available LD (rider's or even General's IP)?

thanks,

NixonAsADaemonPrince
10-10-2010, 10:08
I would say that they use their own Ld, not their riders', but I would say they use the generals IP, as that never specifies that it doesn't affect mounts.

DeathlessDraich
10-10-2010, 12:00
The spell requires an FAQ. In the meantime a dice roll plus a large pinch of sportsmanship is required.
The 2 extreme interpretations for cavalry and chariots are:
1) Mounts' attacks reduced to 0 Strength
2) Use the Riders Ld.

For other multicomponent models, option (1) is negated while the option of using the mounts' Ld is possible.

Ethos
10-10-2010, 15:10
Yeah... um...

When a model has more than one stat (cavalry, chariots), you use the highest Leadership for Leadership tests. Never are cavalry Leadership used, unless specifically stated. Page 10 or 11, I believe. The cavalry or chariot model - not specific parts, such as horses, lions, men in the chariot, etc. - uses the highest Leadership of the model. Always. (unless otherwise stated).

Inspiring Presence also affects a unit's Leadership. The models inside the unit use the General's Leadership (though this is not stated outright) whenever in range. Therefore, cavalry and chariots use the General's Leadership for Okkhams Mind Razor.

Remember, "models" does not mean "each part, individually, of a model", but rather the entire model as a whole. If a chariot were to take a Leadership test... which ever value is used, that value is used for OMR.

DeathlessDraich
10-10-2010, 15:50
As I said above - the spell requires an FAQ;

You have chosen to highlight interpretation (2). Interpretation (1) is also possible ( & more annoying :))
BUT at best these are interpretations of an inadequate set of rules for the spell.

The dice roll decision is necessary so I'd rather leave this discussion as it cannot be resolved with reference to the rules.

SiNNiX
10-10-2010, 16:57
The rules are actually pretty clear for Inspiring Presence, using Leadership when mounted, and Okkam's Mindrazor.

1. In the case of mounted models, you use the best available Leadership.
2. In the case of Inspiring Presence, models within range use his Leadership instead of their own for all rules purposes.
3. Okkam's Mindrazor makes your Strength equal to your Leadership.

A. In the case of Okkam's Mindrazor affecting a mounted model, the best Leadership is used for the effects of the spell.
B. In the case of Okkam's Mindrazor affecting a model within range of Inspiring Presence, the general's Leadership is used for the effects of the spell.
C. In the case of Okkam's Mindrazor affecting a mounted model within range of Inspiring Presence, the general's Leadership is used for the effects of the spell.

tw1386
10-10-2010, 17:02
This is the same logic that is used when characters typically get +1 wound while riding a monstrous cavalry mount. You use the highest characteristic of the model.

For the horses and Occam's Mindrazor the mounts get the leadership of the rider, or the general (if he is in range). Mounts and riders are not seperate entities. They are one and the same.