PDA

View Full Version : O&G for a doubles tourney

bravey
11-10-2010, 13:10
Hello all,

My FLGS is hosting a food drive by throwing a doubles tourney, so I decided to join. I am now looking at my collection of O&G and wondering how I should go about forging them into a good 1,000 point army. I am wanting to take all of my regular Orc Boyz, either in two blocks of 25, or one block of 50.

Here are the models I have to work with. Any army list ideas would be appreciated!

Black Orc Warboss
2 Night Goblin Shaman
1 Orc boss on boar
1 Orc Battle Standard bearer
1 Orc Shaman
2 Night Goblin big bosses

50 Orc Boyz, modeled with Choppa and shield
38 Savage Orc Boyz, modeled with double Choppas
60 Night Goblins, armed with spears and/or HW's, and 3 netters
6 Fanatics
20 spider riders

14 Black orcs
2 spear chukkas
1 Doomdiver (can double as a stone thrower)

Thanks!

Bravey

Trains_Get_Robbed
11-10-2010, 15:15
I would drop the b.org on boar and one of the gobbo shamans, free up some points for big in upgradeable or more b.orcs in the 16 man unit. Also maybe dump the spider riders for a small unit of gobbo big boss g.w armed wolf riders? Put six in the front rank and another six or seven or eight normal wolfs to absorb wounds. Its pretty effective. :)

D'Haran
11-10-2010, 18:51
It's not his list train, only the models he has, he wants us to write a list for him.

That said don't use BO as you don't have enough of them, 2 units of 30 goblins with 2 fanatics a piece. 25 orc boyz with 2 choppas, lvl 4 shaman and a goblin BSB, take all 3 war machines, if you need more pts for some equipment i'd drop 5 orc boyz and possibly a spear chukka.

Honestly it's not a super competitive list, but with your models and 1 k it isn't horrible either.

bravey
11-10-2010, 20:36
It's not his list train, only the models he has, he wants us to write a list for him.

That said don't use BO as you don't have enough of them, 2 units of 30 goblins with 2 fanatics a piece. 25 orc boyz with 2 choppas, lvl 4 shaman and a goblin BSB, take all 3 war machines, if you need more pts for some equipment i'd drop 5 orc boyz and possibly a spear chukka.

Honestly it's not a super competitive list, but with your models and 1 k it isn't horrible either.

I can't take boyz with double choppas, they are not modeled with them! The only ones with double choppas are my savage orcs.

Why the Level 4 shaman? Wouldn't it be better to take a level 2 or 3 shaman, and use the extra points to but myself a Orc BSB, since they are a lot tougher?

_Tim?

D'Haran
12-10-2010, 02:44
Lvl 4 shaman will give you a very powerful magic phase at 1k, also it's great for defense against enemies who will take a lvl 4. Goblin BSB isn't that terrible, and he's there more for the bonus than for his fighting ability, give him some armour and a ward save and he'll be fine, at 1k you can't max everything and a lvl 4 is where you should be maxing, not a bsb who has an extra point in toughness.

I didn't know if the tournament was making you have guys modeled as it, they'd probably let you use savage orc boyz as orc boyz with 2 choppas then. If asked just say it fit with your theme.