PDA

View Full Version : Assulting buildings and multi-attack units

Greyfire
12-10-2010, 13:49
I've searched but haven't seen this answered yet. When a unit assaults a building ten models are selected to participate in the combat. The rules describe the combat as these ten (and the opponents ten) have a "swirling melee" around doors/windows/mouse holes/whatever. The combat isn't resolved as a normal combat so it seems like the normal combat rules don't apply, but they don't discuss multiple attacks.

What happens when a model has multiple attacks? If there were two attacks per model would that mean we have 20 attack dice? Or is the unit still limited to full attacks for first rank and supporting attacks for second rank? There isn't any real ranks in a "swirling melee" but the rules don't mention abandoning a formation. Maybe "supporting attack" is a special combat rule that's not used but it's not mentioned as being ignored like it does with charging bonuses.

Might be a silly question, but my lizardmen getting their normal 2 attacks for each model makes them very good for taking/holding a building. (I guess other multi-attack models are just as effective but they're all missing the coolness of being a lizard so we'll leave them out of our example.)

I just want to make sure I understand how many attacks I'm supposed to get. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

larabic
12-10-2010, 17:14
Yes you can send in multi attack models, 8 men plus champ and hero gives you 13 attacks to their 10 normal guys and such.

AMWOOD co
12-10-2010, 17:23
Or a unit of Khorne Warriors with 2 hand weapons and champion will have 41 attacks. Ahh, it feels good to be bad.

Greyfire
12-10-2010, 17:52
It's the units with multiple attacks, not heroes, that I have balance issues with. If all ten get their full attacks then close combat isn't how to get strong units out from a building (Amwood's example is better than my own).

But if that's how the game is played now then that's how we play.

Thanks for your help!