PDA

View Full Version : Really Really Basic Wood Elves Question

b4z
12-10-2010, 21:40
My friend has just started playing Warhammer Fantasy, and wants to know [after his first game tonight]:

Where is their Armour listed??!

[We looked through my High Elves Army Book and under each unit entry their Armour is listed, whether it be Light Armour, Shield, Heavy Armour etc.]

In his Wood Elves Army Book it appears none of them have any armour?!

The only thing we could find is 5+ ward saves for Forest Spirits?

WizzyWarlock
12-10-2010, 21:44
Yeah, sucks doesn't it? I think Wild Riders are the only type that have light armour, the rest have weird rules like the Eternal Guard fighting style giving a 5+ and Talismanic Tattoo's giving a 6+ ward.

b4z
12-10-2010, 22:00
Oh my... he will NOT be happy when i relay this! :o

I just assumed they would have at the very least.. light armour etc.

We are both learning the game together, i have a bit more games under my belt than him.

WizzyWarlock
12-10-2010, 22:19
I think it's a major reason why people seem to be shifting to more Dryads, Treekin and Treemen. 3 Toughness with no save just doesn't cut it with the new Steadfast and Step-Up rulings. Wardancers are now like missiles rather than a serious unit, they hit, do their damage then are gone. Treemen on the other hand with 3+ armour save and 5+ ward vs non-magic makes for happy days. Using more shooting is also a good option, if you can cut the units down to a more approachable size then the normal troops might be able to do something.

b4z
12-10-2010, 22:23
He hinted at the fact he liked the idea of the all tree style stuff, so i will give him a heads up, before he goes to buy anything else, atm he only has a battalion box and a metal mage[spellsinger?] at the moment. T3 with no armour seems a really tough deal!

Thanks

kurisawa
12-10-2010, 22:35
He hinted at the fact he liked the idea of the all tree style stuff, so i will give him a heads up, before he goes to buy anything else, atm he only has a battalion box and a metal mage[spellsinger?] at the moment. T3 with no armour seems a really tough deal!

Thanks

That's life being a Wood Elf, almost always has been. It's all about that "living in a forest with little access to metals" fluff. :(

K.