PDA

View Full Version : Empire "Light Gunner" 2000 Points

Noght
13-10-2010, 03:30
Hey All:

Returning to Fantasy Battle after many years, I think the last edition I played was 4th and was coaxed out of retirement by my brother who wants me to kick around his High Elves.

I busted out the my Empire Army and played 2 quick 2000 point games using a mix of shooting/knights with a touch of magic (lvl 2 wizard only):

1) Vs Ogre Kingdoms: Result was a win for the Empire as his General miscast/exploded and my crossbow, guns, and Cannon mowed down the rest.

2) Vs Skaven: Destroyed when the Gutter Runners poisoned my War Machines ensuring the Furnace/Plague Monk Horde ate my Heavy Knights (side note, I charged 15 Heavy Knights into the front of the Horde just to see, not so good).

So with that being said I realized I needed a level 4 Wizard and way more guns with my own big block, so I submit to you:

Arch Lector 200 Army General/Heavy Armor & Shield
Jade Amulet (40)/Hammer of Judgement (25)

Light Wizard Lord (lvl 4) 265 w/Hangunners
Luckstone (25)/Rod of Power (30)

Battle Standard 100 w/ Halbred Unit/Meteoric Armor (25)
Light Wizard (lvl 2) 100 w/ Halbred Unit
Light Wizard (lvl 2) 125 w/ Crossbow Unit/Dispel Scroll (25)
Master Engineer 80 w/ War Machines/Repeater Handgun (15)

Crossbow x20 w/FC 180
Handgunners x20 w/FC 180
Halbrediers x37 w/FC 242 (with Shields)
Archers x12 96

Pistoliers x5 90
Pistoliers x5 90

Cannon 100
Mortar x2 150

Thoughts? I figured that all Light Wizards would get me all the spells and 2 (buffable) magic missles available to shoot/buff/hex throughout the battle.

Thanks in Advance.

Noght

Glasscannon
13-10-2010, 09:42
That is alot of shooting my friend, I run a similarish list but with fewer shooters on foot and another large infantry block in its place, overall I like it.

Pulstar
13-10-2010, 14:11
And now that I know what list you will be playing, victory will be mine!

As soon as I dig out my White Lions to replace the Swordmasters I was going to use. No way those nancy elves would make it across the field into that many guns.

Noght
13-10-2010, 14:47
And now that I know what list you will be playing, victory will be mine!

As soon as I dig out my White Lions to replace the Swordmasters I was going to use. No way those nancy elves would make it across the field into that many guns.

I'd use both the White Lions and Swordmasters myself.

You ought to bust our two small units of Silver Helms maybe 6/unit and send them screaming across the battlefield. A charge on turn 2 into both the crossbows and handguns will buy the elite infantry time to hot foot it over.

I just want to know who strikes first if my Halbrediers have Briona's Timewarp cast on them vs any of the Elf warriors?

Noght

thesheriff
13-10-2010, 20:40
I just want to know who strikes first if my Halbrediers have Briona's Timewarp cast on them vs any of the Elf warriors?

The strike simultaneously.

I would personally split the handgunners down and use them as detctchments for the halberdiers, so when they eventually get charged, they can shoot back as a stand and shoot. Also, i would split down the crossbows, and give command to both, so you'll keep all those important banners for 'blood and glory', and not change the points.

And 3 light wizards :eek:. Thats too much. I would have the lv.4 with light, and the lv.2's with metal and either fire or death.

thesheriff

Fox Of 9
13-10-2010, 21:27
thesheriff is right about 3 light wizards way 2 much light and by taking metal & death you cover several bases in terms of magical style ..

Noght
13-10-2010, 22:59
And 3 light wizards :eek:. Thats too much. I would have the lv.4 with light, and the lv.2's with metal and either fire or death.

thesheriff

Here are my thoughts on the 8 Levels of Light Wizards:

1. Empire Human stat line need cheap buffs: 6+ shield, 8+ WS/Init buff, 9+ Rally and 12+ +1attack/ASF.

2. Cheap Magic Missle Signature spell that could be pushed to a War Machine/Giant Monster killer in a pinch. It's not as good as Fireball but I can take down an enemy War Machine.

3. One of the few Lores that has a Movement Hex spell (10+ to cast) so the Wizard Lord only needs a 6+ to cast it.

4. Should totally stomp Demons if I run into them.

5. Did I say that the spells are really cheap?

Plus I happen to have a bunch of old Light Wizard Acolytes that look great next to the Lord.

Thanks BTW,

Noght