PDA

View Full Version : Bretonnian Crusade themeg army 2500

Tancred II von Quenelles
13-10-2010, 11:01
Lord 262pts
Ogre Blade +2str, Holy Icon - mag. res3, Mantle ofDamsel Elena - immune to KB, Poison, Grail Vow, Shield, Warhorse

Ptophetess lev 4 Beast - 295
Dispel scroll, Ruby Goblet, warhorse

Paladin BSB - 145
Bard Warhorse, Grail Vow, Gromril Great Helm - +1 armour, rerolls
Sword of Might +1 str

Paladin - 149
Bard Warhorse, Grail Vow,Lance, Enchanted Shield, Virtue of Heroism - heroic KB

Damsel lev 2 beast- 155
Warhorse, Silver Mirror

9 GrailKnights, std, mus, Banner of defence - 402 pts
15 knights Errant, Fcg, Errantry Banner - 341 pts
15 knights Errant, Fcg - 321 pts
5 knights of the realm, mus - 128 pts
5 knights Errant - 100 pts
total 2498pts

spiderman5z
15-10-2010, 05:04
i like it. no peasants! they have no place in battle anyway!

Tancred II von Quenelles
15-10-2010, 07:55
I we always thought so and played this way
Now its the adaptation for 8th with not 2250 but 2500 switch which is in Russia
2 level 1 scrolcaddies got big upgrades, lord got Ogre Blade instead of carcasson, pegasi and 2 big units of Quests are gone replaced by big Errant units and3 more grails added to the unit where all fighting heroes used to fight since 6th.

Lord of Divine Slaughter
15-10-2010, 08:00
I hate it. No peasants, they're supposed to be there to make your knights look good :)

Tancred II von Quenelles
15-10-2010, 08:04
I have nearly 800 footmen models, most of them painted and used for historical war games.
As a fan of 5th edition I consider brets are to be an allknight army if it s not a siedge or they are in desperate situation
as brets are proud people, they ll do all not to how they are in a desperate situation, thouh 8th edition puts oldstye brets into such one)

theorox
15-10-2010, 08:09
All those tiny units...what do they do? Id rather have another of 9 Errant than those 3 small ones. Then you can take the one left over and make the last unit of 5 six strong instead. :)

Theo

Pacorko
15-10-2010, 08:21
Actually, I'd go with units in a: 10, 15, 9+BSB, 15 10 deployment. And the rest of characters intermingled as necessary.

That way I see a fair bit more endurance in the units, with all of them packing a greater punch, and still retaining high mobility.

Mind, I like my peasants and being an Agincourt nutty-nutter of sorts, well... the feotid rabble has its uses, and does make the snotty knights look not just good, but perfectly cool! :cool:

Tancred II von Quenelles
15-10-2010, 08:48
Units per 5 knights are to destroy warmashines and skirmishes and charge detachments or other units so that they cannot charge big units in flank when they re going to destroy serious targets which can hold the charge.
I think now the time of 9 knights units-as I used to haveis gone, as we ll need a better static cr to break steadfast. I used to hold all fighting heroes in grails and support its charge by another big unit to ensure victory.
Thanks Pacorko - I d be glead to hear more ideas about how to make bret allcav competitive in tis infantry edition. I like my foomen too, if they returned footknights I have several hundred from 3rd edition and historical ranges who d be glead to join the fray, it ll be an allknight army with blocks of footknights. Oh dreams, sweet dreams...

spiderman5z
16-10-2010, 07:33
well if all u use em for is war machine hunters id only run a couple units of 6 of them use the other to make big units. The theme with 8th is bigger is betterer hehe

Tancred II von Quenelles
17-10-2010, 09:03
I ll test it soon and make conclusions - there ll be more spec units-so more machines-so I need more hunters to destroy them quickly. If Ill see there are less machines I ll combine some guys in a bigger unit...