PDA

View Full Version : ASF and GreatWeps

JamieIsOOP
13-10-2010, 14:17
Sorry if I have missed an obvious answer here, or an important line but I am new to playing Elves:
Swordmasters, when do they strike?
They have ASF and a greatwep.

TMATK
13-10-2010, 14:19
From the high elf FAQ

FAQs
Q. The Speed of Asuryan special rule states that “all High Elves
have the special rule Always Strike First, regardless of the weapon
they are wielding.” How does this interact with a great weapons
Always Strike Last? (p43)
A. The army book will take precedence in this situation. For
example, a Sword Master would strike first with his great
weapon. If his Initiative value is equal to or higher than his
opponent’s, he will also benefit from a re-roll to hit.

Feefait
13-10-2010, 14:28
This is specific to HE's. From the basic rule book if you have ASF and ASL then they cancel each other out and oyu strike in initiative order. Again, HE's are special, but say you give Graveguard ASF with a corpsecart then the buff and the GW's cancel each other.

Lord_Elric
13-10-2010, 15:29
This is specific to HE's. From the basic rule book if you have ASF and ASL then they cancel each other out and oyu strike in initiative order. Again, HE's are special, but say you give Graveguard ASF with a corpsecart then the buff and the GW's cancel each other.

Im unsure what u mean exactly by this but it does however pose an odd question.

if a unit with always strikes first is in combat with a unit of high elf sword masters as both units having ASF cancel out the effect does that mean the sword masters would stike at Int or at ASL as per their greatswords, i think i know the answer but could do with a little clarity.

melonmelon
13-10-2010, 15:37
Im unsure what u mean exactly by this but it does however pose an odd question.

if a unit with always strikes first is in combat with a unit of high elf sword masters as both units having ASF cancel out the effect does that mean the sword masters would stike at Int or at ASL as per their greatswords, i think i know the answer but could do with a little clarity.

No, the last sentence of the ASF, clearly state that if both unit hv ASL, they will fight simultaneously, neither side benefit from rerolls. Somehow, u can say ASF=Initiative 11, imho. :skull:

Finvalen
13-10-2010, 15:42
No, the last sentence of the ASF, clearly state that if both unit hv ASL, they will fight simultaneously, neither side benefit from rerolls. Somehow, u can say ASF=Initiative 11, imho. :skull:

This is how we play. If both units have ASF, you attack simultaneously without rerolls regardless that the SWs have GWeps.

kaintxu
13-10-2010, 17:47
So, let's say a KoS against some SM

SM = ASF, I6
KOS = ASF, I10

It's clear that KOS would strike first, but does he not get rerrolls?

theunwantedbeing
13-10-2010, 17:53

SM = ASF, I6
KOS = ASF, I10

How about you read the ASF rules?

It's 100% clear.
Page 66 of the Rulebook.

melonmelon
13-10-2010, 17:56

SM = ASF, I6
KOS = ASF, I10

False, both units strike simultaneously, neither side benefit from rerolls.