PDA

View Full Version : 2000 pnt Slaanesh Daemonic Legion

Trench_Raider
10-03-2006, 06:43
Almost as an afterthought I put together a Daemonic legion army from the Daemons in my 40k Chaos Renegade army and other bits I have acumulated in 17 years. I have been getting fairly roughly handled of late with my High elves, so took the half painted force down to one of the local stores for a game tonight. This was a radical departure for me as I never play with unpainted or partially painted lead.

Anyway, the list consisted of the following:

Keeper of Secrets (the old model of course!)
Exalted daemon- mark of Slaanesh, lvl 2 mage, soul hunger (a decent converted model I scored as part of a trade years ago)
2x 12 daemonettes with full command (one unit of first pattern models and the other the current scupts with second pattern command groups for both)
2x 6 mounted daemonettes (one the resent scupts and the other a group of the old Fiend models)
3 pleasure seekers (second pattern mounted daemonettes slightly converted and mounted on monster bases)

Suprisingly given that this was the first time out for the army, that unpainted lead is bad luck, and my own undeveloped skills at WFB I did fairly well. Although I lost I still managed to badly gut a dwarf army. However a well timed volly from a unit of thunderers felled the exalted and a lucky shot from a stone thrower killed the Keeper. At this late stage in the game the loss of these two heavy hitters cost me the game.

This highlights the primary problem with the army: all the eggs are in one (or to be more correct, two) basket(s). It also seems rather small.

I was rather impressed with the speed and manuverbility of the force as well as the overall performance of the pleasure seekers. I may swap a unit of mounted daemonettes for another unit of them and will certainly add another unit when I push this force to 2250.

So allow me to ask, was my army choice all that bad? How could I improve it's perfomance in the future?

"Trench Raider"

metro_gnome
10-03-2006, 12:05
this is pretty good fo a magic heavy list...
tho id probably still field a level 4 DP over the KoS...

personally i would rather run no magic...
so a DP, 2 heralds, spell beakers all around...
DP: MoS, Blade, Hunger, Spell breaker= rerollable armor ignoring hits that always strike first...
one of the herald does the BSB thing with a warbanner maybe...
the other is just a gift caddy adding punch to the other infantry unit...

you should afford your other seekers this way...
nice collection btw...