PDA

View Full Version : 2000 Skaven for Friendly game on Sunday

Navar
13-10-2010, 20:18
10 Jezzials (1 is a sharpshooter) (they are in the 100 point Folding Fortress)

Chieftain with BSB of Eternal Flame (with Jezzials)

Grey Seer with Skalm, Warpstone Tokens, and Shadow Magic Trinket (In fortress)

Warlock Engineer (level 2 Wizard) with Doomrocket (Strength 5 large blast one use weapon) (In Fortress)

28 Clanrats with full command, shields, and Poisoned Wind Mortar (Warlord Attached with additional hand weapon (He bought the fortress)

28 Clanrats with full command, shields, and Poisoned Wind Mortar

28 Slaves with Musician

28 Slaves with Musician

Rat Ogres (2 with Master Molder with “Things catcher” (Instant Death weapon) (this is just a mobile “hammer” unit as the army is pretty much only “anvils”)

Plagueclaw Catapult

Plagueclaw Catapult

Warp Lightning Cannon

Warp Lightning Cannon

So what do people think?

My plan is to deploy 1 catapult and 1 cannon in each corner of the board and deploy the tower as close to the center as possible. On my first turn I will move the slaves up to tarpit in front of the tower and have the clanrats and rat ogres (and wizards) to take out anything from up close.

This will be my first game of 8th and my first game of Fantasy in something like 10 years. My opponent will be playing Dark Elves. I e-mailed him this list and he implied that he thought it was a bit too hard.

Navar
14-10-2010, 19:03
No thoughts on this at all?

Warnoober
14-10-2010, 22:24
Too many warmachines ;)

Navar
15-10-2010, 01:27
I agree, but it is supposed to be fluffy. I expect to have a nice fun unique game, not to win hands down.

Gloomwhisker
19-10-2010, 18:16
If the somewhat large amount of war machines is for fluff reasons, then great...it's definitely pretty nasty, in my opinion. When it comes to Skaven, I'm a fan of slightly bigger numbers than you currently possess, but that said, I often have trouble fitting in all the cool stuff I want at 2000 points...so maybe this is a decent compromise.

Honestly, a couple Warp Lightning Cannons and Plagueclaws aren't really that much overkill, so I wouldn't worry about it too much. That's a good number of Jezzails as well, if you want to use them.

All in all it's an interesting list, with some very nasty shooting potential. I'm more of an up close and personal Skaven general(with the odds and numbers stacked heavily in my favour, of course...), but if I was to do a shooting list, this would be a great template to use. The Folding Fortress is an interesting idea too...let us know how your fortress bunker works out.

Gloomwhisker