PDA

View Full Version : OK vs Keeper of Secrets

Axeman1n
13-10-2010, 23:58
Which hero could I take, and with what gear would I have a chance against a properly kitted out Keeper of Secrets. Should I just resolve myself to using lead belchers to take out this enemy?

Kevlar
14-10-2010, 02:07
What about a gnoblar horde with sharp stuff?

That or 3 or 4 maneaters with great weapons.

RMacDeezy
14-10-2010, 02:16
i don't know the first thing about OK but i run a KoS regularly and the thing i hate the most is losing her to shooting followed by having her spend an entire game fighting something that doesn't matter, a la gnoblars. i dont know what you can kit a tyrant out with but i've seen keepers eat chaos lords on dragons with a little luck. my advice is shoot it with whatever arty you have and tarpit it.

Grovel
14-10-2010, 03:26
glimmering scales, fencers blades, mawseeker and if memory serves theres a -1 hit OK's item.

You can let them go at it in a challenge for god knows how long, fair chance a Tyrant can come out on top with all the airswings going his way.

scarvet
14-10-2010, 05:36
Put troll gut on your Iron Guts (atleast 6 of them) and charge towards it when it call for you. Or throw in a tenderizer character.

mistrmoon
14-10-2010, 17:25
glimmering scales, fencers blades, mawseeker and if memory serves theres a -1 hit OK's item.

You can let them go at it in a challenge for god knows how long, fair chance a Tyrant can come out on top with all the airswings going his way.

bah you stole my answer, the other item you are looking for is the grey back pelt.

For op, long story short you only ever get hit on 6's even from a ws9 kipper.

honestly though don't chuck a hero at it, take 40 nobs, 5 wide 8 deep and try and stand them in range of your general and possibly bsb and just let them tarpit it all game. Who knows with a fluffed roll you might actually win a round of combat!

Malorian
14-10-2010, 17:47
Best answer... don't try...

Although items that reduce his chance to hit or wound will be best (all you need is a great weapon going back or tenderiser is you can spare the points) the best option is just to tie the beast up with a mass of gnoblars and forget about him while you concentrate on the rest of the army.

EDMM
14-10-2010, 18:48
Tyrant with Armour of Fortune, Spangleshard, the Other Trickster's Shard, Beastkiller, Great Weapon, Luck Gnoblar, 2 Sword Gnoblars.

Even if the Keeper has Spirit Swallower, you come out on top.

Switch out the Other Trickster's Shard and Armour of Fortune for the Armour of Destiny if you like.

Axeman1n
15-10-2010, 20:21
Thanks for the the advice. I'm going to try a few of them out. I just feel like my Tyrant should be able to answer the call.

Wyrmnax
15-10-2010, 22:36
What about 60 gnoblars?

They wont kill the keepr, but he isnt going anywhere.

Xzazzarai
16-10-2010, 01:21
Tie up an M10 keeper with M4 gnoblars... Good idea...

ooglatjama
16-10-2010, 01:36
Yeah, I doubt he would charge the gnoblars. Remember, he will be deciding who he fights.

Wyrmnax
16-10-2010, 15:08

Duh

Was thinking about a GUO, not a Keeper -_-"

Anyway, even if you have a keeper killer in the list you are going to need the keeper to charge that specific unit. If he goes anywhere else, you are in trouble.

I mean, the only thing that could stand up to him is a tyrant. Your tyrant will probably be on ironguts. He can risk a keeper against that unit, or he can kill pretty much anything else on your army with it. Yeah, its gonna need some major luring to get him to fight your keeper slayer.

Also, keep in mind that he will get to reroll to hit. And you will need to deal 5 wounds back, because a second round will murder almost anything you can field.

rocdocta
18-10-2010, 03:46

it can happen dont forget its 2d6 +4 for charge range. but i would use the gnobs for flank and rank and charge bonus once the keeper has charged in to the target unit. they are safe from harm if the keeper is in a challenge. and if he wants to attack gnobs instead of ogres, thats fine too.

Lord Inquisitor
18-10-2010, 04:15
Hmm. I play both Slaanesh Daemons and OK.

The biggest problem with dealing with the Keeper is the Ld bomb. While Ironguts can trash her pretty easily if you can hit, but you're hitting on 5's and expect to take at least one Ld test to attack. Shooting is the best way to deal with the Keeper but leadbelchers are only S4 and will need a miracle to actually get in range to fire. Tarpitting with gnoblars is good... but again, the Ld bomb will mean she's not held up for long, and they have to make it into combat.

Nope, actually I'm drawing a blank here. Magically buffed Ironguts in range of the general/bsb but containing no characters are your best bet, but that's not a great deal. Keep a slaughtermaster and try to dispel Phantasmagoria at all costs. Kill the Masque and Icon of Dispair with prejudice. All of which is easier said than done.

The scales/fencer's blade/greyback pelt is a nice combo, though. Although she'll get a re-roll, a re-roll on 6's isn't great and with mawseeker that MIGHT just work...

Vsurma
18-10-2010, 08:42
Ogres have tarpit units?

Crown of command hero would make one but that is about it.

Guts have a rough time needing 5s to hit.

I imagine gnoblars are the best but you will indeed have a rough time getting into CC, the keeper is likely to run through most anything. Unless you can pass a break test on -4 or so.

Shooting them with belchers is tough, they are S4 after all.

I was going to say try gnoblar trappers but no they don't really work either.

Axeman1n
19-10-2010, 01:13
It seems more and more that I will need a slaughtermaster to deal with the magic to even have a chance. I think the fencing blades with a 4+ ward is my best bet, along with some luck gnobs. Having to roll 3 Leadership tests to even strike is insane. This just makes me want to refuse to play against any list containing a KoS.

rocdocta
19-10-2010, 05:56
Ogres have tarpit units?

Crown of command hero would make one but that is about it.

Guts have a rough time needing 5s to hit.

I imagine gnoblars are the best but you will indeed have a rough time getting into CC, the keeper is likely to run through most anything. Unless you can pass a break test on -4 or so.

stubborn items or gutmagic will keep the keeper from punching through