PDA

View Full Version : Idea for a Skyre List. pew pew

oCoYoRoAoKo
14-10-2010, 08:35
Hey All,

I was toying with the idea of a Skyre themed list a while back and with the release of island of blood i have decided to do something about it :)

What do you think?

Ikit Klaw

Warlock Engineer
Doom Rocket

29 Clanrats
Shields, Full Command, Poisoned Wind Mortar

29 Clanrats
Shields, Full Command, Poisoned Wind Mortar

20 Slaves

20 Slaves

14 Jezzails
Sharp-Shooter

14 Jezzails
Sharp-Shooter

2 Doomwheels

2 Warp-lightning Canons

Now to start with I KNOW that im sinking alot of points into Jezzails. That was kind of the point of the list from the outset (Origionally it was an experiment into how many Jezzails i could fit into a list and still keep it functional ~ there were 40 to begin with -.- ). Elements im not so sure about are the Warp Lightning Canons.

Cy.

thesheriff
15-10-2010, 19:12
Although its a skyre list, i hate jezzails. There too expensive, and there are just cooler and better things. I woudl drop all but 10 of them, and include an engineer with brass orb (40) and 10 gloabadiers (150). Then, the remaining 110-ish points i would put on a weapon team each for the slaves or maybe a converted skyre plague-claw catapult.

thesheriff

vodrake
15-10-2010, 20:55
Well, if you reallllly want ikit, then ok i guess but he is very expensive for what he does.

It doesnt mention if your engineer is a wizard. He should be level 1 and cast warp lightning, and I agree with thesheriff that a second one with the brass orb would be good (also being level 1).

I have 3 units of 6 jezzails and they work well, big units like that are just asking for death. Warp lightning cannons are good to have as they character snipe characters in different sized units and help to take out other big multi wound models and enemy war machines.

Your slave units are way too small. I would up them to at least 35 each as you need to delay your opponent getting to your other units as long as possible, BSB might help with that.

Dont think globadiers are worth it, glad you didnt take them. Shame your doing just skyre, scouting gutter runners would be nice to take out war machines aswell.

Oh, almost forgot, you need to take the warp energy condenser on the guy with the doom rocket, for 20pts its just too good.